Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Fall/Apple Theme
AnythingsPossible 02:21 PM 09-21-2012
So I want to do a Apple and Fall theme the next two weeks, but I want to do Apple first then Fall to lead into October activities. Do you think it's ok to start the Fall theme a week after Fall starts???
daycare 02:26 PM 09-21-2012
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
So I want to do a Apple and Fall theme the next two weeks, but I want to do Apple first then Fall to lead into October activities. Do you think it's ok to start the Fall theme a week after Fall starts???
Of course, review is always great.....we did apples last month, but just went on a FT to an apple orchard to pick apples yesterday...and today we are making an apple pie!!!!

I do 3 weeks of activities then review, they all add on to each other....
spud912 07:14 AM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
I do our fall theme very late because I want it to feel like fall first (which usually doesn't happen until Halloween or the week after). We usually have several days hitting around 100 degrees right up until Halloween . It sounds crazy, but I'm not doing our fall theme until November 5th. I'm hoping that the leaves on the few deciduous trees we have are starting to change color by then.

I love this time of year! Here are my theme plans for this fall:
Next week: About Me
Then: Human Body (which ties into Halloween because we learn all about skeletons)
Then: Halloween theme
Then: Fall theme
Then: Camping theme
Then: Thanksgiving theme
Tags:apples, fall, themes
Reply Up