Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Interviews Does It Take....
Scout 10:40 AM 10-15-2012
To finally get a family? Well, I guess ive only had one interview. Thought it went well only to get an email that they went with someone closer! Ugh....many CL inquiries though & still nothing. Feeling discouraged at the moment.
DaisyMamma 11:06 AM 10-15-2012
Hang in there!
Try some fliers at your local grocery stores, convenience stores,post office, libraries, Dr offices, etc.
A lot of people will be looking for daycare at the end of the year.
Blackcat31 11:10 AM 10-15-2012
Hang in there.... it does take a while. But that's the nature of this business. Sometimes clients are calling like crazy and other times the phone rarely rings.

I say just keep advertising and look for all sorts of ways to get your name out there.

Do an open house, show up at local children's events in your community, hand out business cards with Halloween candy, hang flyers around your community in Dr's offices, grocery stores, toy stores, libraries, family resource centers, schools etc., Post a grand opening announcement in your local paper...network with other area providers an see if they will pass your name and number out if they are full, use car magnets to advertise.

That's all I can think of right now....but keep you head up....it does take patience but you will get there!
Nickel 11:11 AM 10-15-2012
I felt like it took forever to get full and I my ratio is 4:1 so I know how you feel. Hang in there. I have had many interviews. Some enrolled and didn't work out, some never got back to me. Its awesome that they even notified you that they went with someone else hang in there, it will take some time and in the mean time you can perfect your interview skills. I don't even get nervous anymore for interviews. I do 90% of the talking, tell them how it is, Ask them if they have questions, show them my rooms and tell them I will email them the forms they need. Once they look over the forms, they need to notify me by x day if they choose to enroll their child. That has worked realy well for me. For one, I don't hold a spot hoping to hear back from them, and it shows confidence. Since I changed to doing it this way I got a much better response!!! You will find what works for you. Don't get discouraged yet!!!
shelby 11:31 AM 10-15-2012
Don't get discouraged! I have been advertising for months! I just recieved my first child, (start in a week or so). I have had lots of calls, some interviews, but no call backs. It really just a wait game.. keep advertising.. they will come!
Scout 05:31 PM 10-15-2012
I guess i am discouraged because dcm & i had 20 emails between us prior to today...to me that says more than likely we are going with you! I guess it is a live & learn situation
Tags:interview, interview - follow up
Reply Up