Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Reminder Letter For Sick Policy
mickey2 06:17 AM 01-15-2011
I posted a few days ago regarding a sick 22 month old dcg whos mother continuously brings the little girl in sick. She comes 2 times a day for 2 hours in the am and again in the afternoon for another 2 hours. Yesterday morning when she brought dcg she smelled very strongly of vicks rub, had a constant runny nose that was like a tap and watery eyes. No matter how many times I wiped her nose it was useless as 5 seconds later it was the same. I thought maybe teething? She had no fever but then mom probably medicated her. In the afternoon girl came in, no fever at first but then fever started an hour later. She was clearly not feeling well at all and was very cranky.

Mom comes to pick girl up at 4 and I tell mom. "She's really not feeling well and she has a fever" Mom says "Oh gee again? I GAVE her advil?" As if she could not believe the kid should have a fever because the advil should have made everything okay! I was clearly upset and I told mom that if she has a fever for any reason "teething" included I am unable to take her until she is fever free for 24 hours. I have other children in my care and I do not want anything going around and around for weeks and that it would be better for her to take one or two days off than for me to have to close for 2 weeks because it is going around my own family. Mom left upset. I could tell as she did not speak to me at all and she is usually very chatty.

I saw a post on here a little while back where someone posted a "reminder letter" I really liked the wording of this very much and I would love to use it to give to my daycare parents. They all do know my policies but seem to "forget" so they need a letter like this. I have looked for it but I can not find it. Does anyone know where I can find it? Or can the poster please send it to me? I would really appreciate it!
Tags:sick policy, sick policy samples
Up