Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Iiiiittttssss FRIDAY!!
E Daycare 04:35 AM 03-25-2011
Can ya tell its Friday?

Dcg shows up with her dad ringing my doorbell at 7:15a even though shes been coming at around 8:30 since hes been back in the picture. Completely didnt heed the "please knock as it still might be nap/bedtime" sign I tapped ON the doorbell. I was still getting dressed because you know, she hasnt been getting here till later. Woke up my Ds.

Dcb shows up with a bottle (hes almost 2 and always gets cups here) and a nice pack of fruit snacks for breakfast. Even though they know I make breakfast. EVERY DAY.

El hub took the day off so he can go to a Ex military bosses swearing out ceremony and hes still sleeping in. Wish I could have days off where I sleep in and then get to do stuff outside the home all day. Just maybe once. So when he gets up Im putting him to work. Hes going to unhook or dislodge or do whatever he needs to do to get rid of my doorbell. Or Im going to take a hammer to it and anyone else who tries to push the button.

HAPPY FRIDAY FOLKS!!
E Daycare 04:36 AM 03-25-2011
Oh and any amount of Tim Hortons or Starbucks from any of my dcp could quickly negate any of this but noooooooooooooo, no one had any treats today lol
AnythingsPossible 04:42 AM 03-25-2011
Friday's are a double edged sword here. Glad the week is over, but Friday is by far one of my hardest day. The most kids of the week and the fussiest two babies together!
Sorry about your early morning, nothing worse then starting out rushed! My hubby took a day off a few weeks ago and spent the day in our room watching movies and playing video games. I have to take Monday off, what will I be doing? Running all the kids to the dentist, that takes up most of the day, have to run by my licensing office, get my fire extinguisher inspected, and numerous other errands. How I would love to watch movies and do whatever I wanted!!
SilverSabre25 04:44 AM 03-25-2011
Hahaha sounds like my day!

I was greeted by dcg's mom with a condescending and snarky, "Let's make sure when we pick her up today her diaper's changed and she's got all her bottles and everything in her bag, mkay?"

If only they knew how bad I was about keeping track of bottles with the other three babies I've had in the daycare...this is like, twice, in a full six weeks, that I/DH wasn't able to find a bottle or cap to a bottle at the end of the day.

Besides that though, I am thrilled that it's Friday and am very excited for it. I bought a nice BIG bag of train track pieces at OUAC last night--it was $50 but it has some really nifty bits and more than ten trains and a bunch more plain straights and curves. We've gotten so many switch and cross pieces that we needed more normal ones...and the tunnel, the little shed, the crane...those are all going to be so FUN! And the kids will like it too
dEHmom 04:45 AM 03-25-2011
wow!

It's dcbs bday this weekend, so we are doing a little party this morning, because moms picking up early. So short day for me. i was a little surprised this morning when dcd dropped off though! lol. I don't mind being in jammies in front of moms but the dads! hahaha.

Hubs went to an auction last night, the informs me when he gets home that he booked today off. He's still sleeping too!
I wish I would be advised of this much earlier than 11pm the night before. I don't like him around when I have daycare kids, actually, i don't like him around during my usual times without him at all! He ruins my jive.

Oh, and the kids are sneezing, yesterday clear snot, today green snot! YUCK! Coughs, and my daughter had a super super super bad fever. She was so hot she wasn't red, but almost purple! WTF! We've been taking Vitamin C for a while now, and no one was sick. I ran out of Vitamin C's and within 3 days we are sick. I know it's coincidence, but man. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......

Now i'm going to spend my weekend taking care of sick kids. I am soooooo tired as it is. Glad it's a short day.

edit: yes green snot is get your kid and go home. by the time mom would get here (she works in a neighboring city) it would be an hour before pickup, so no point. AND they all have green boogers, same coughs, and sneezes, so they can all booger each other, whatever.
Zoe 04:49 AM 03-25-2011
Grrrrr! When things happen like that before my coffee, it is NOT good! My SA walked in with his muddy boots on and stepped off the mat. I told him he needed to get back on the mat so he doesn't get his muddy boots on the floor. He said, "it's not muddy outside." I pointed to the nasty footprint on the floor and said, what's that on your footprint? He said, "It's not a footprint, it's a bootprint."

By that time, I was summing up the last of my patience (I don't have much this week, if you KWIM). I finally got him to admit what was going on and we dropped the subject.

I'm having my coffee right now and hoping the rest of my day goes by without much attitude. Short fuse today people!
dEHmom 04:50 AM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
Or Im going to take a hammer to it and anyone else who tries to push the button. HAPPY FRIDAY FOLKS!!
Hubs installed one too ones, he put it where I didn't want it, and we had a huge fight, I ripped it off the door, threw it on the ground, because it didn't break, I stomped on it and threw it in the backlane.

That was a few years ago, but honestly, when no one is looking, throwing the remote, phone, or a dish REALLY makes you feel better

When I get angry, anxious, frustrated or nervous, my stomach balls up, and I want to yack. Releasing the feeling by stomping feet, and throwing things makes it all better. Probably because I was never allowed to do so as a child. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Lianne 04:53 AM 03-25-2011
I've got a couple provider friends and their kids coming over to play this morning. It will make the day fly and it's always fun to chat with other adults.
Zoe 04:55 AM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
Hubs installed one too ones, he put it where I didn't want it, and we had a huge fight, I ripped it off the door, threw it on the ground, because it didn't break, I stomped on it and threw it in the backlane.

That was a few years ago, but honestly, when no one is looking, throwing the remote, phone, or a dish REALLY makes you feel better

When I get angry, anxious, frustrated or nervous, my stomach balls up, and I want to yack. Releasing the feeling by stomping feet, and throwing things makes it all better. Probably because I was never allowed to do so as a child. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I've only done this ONCE and would never think of doing it again, so please no harsh judgments!

My husband and I were fighting and I had to change my DS' diaper. I don't know what he said, but I got so mad that I threw the balled up dirty diaper at him! It was only pee, but still.......we looked at each other.....then busted out laughing and gave each other a hug.

He's been giving me crap for that ever since. Made me feel better though!
jen 04:59 AM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Hahaha sounds like my day!

I was greeted by dcg's mom with a condescending and snarky, "Let's make sure when we pick her up today her diaper's changed and she's got all her bottles and everything in her bag, mkay?"

If only they knew how bad I was about keeping track of bottles with the other three babies I've had in the daycare...this is like, twice, in a full six weeks, that I/DH wasn't able to find a bottle or cap to a bottle at the end of the day.

Besides that though, I am thrilled that it's Friday and am very excited for it. I bought a nice BIG bag of train track pieces at OUAC last night--it was $50 but it has some really nifty bits and more than ten trains and a bunch more plain straights and curves. We've gotten so many switch and cross pieces that we needed more normal ones...and the tunnel, the little shed, the crane...those are all going to be so FUN! And the kids will like it too
I would never want to keep track of the bottles. Yikes. I just tell people that I supply this type of bottle, if they'd like something different, to please bring me 1 or 2 of them.
E Daycare 05:00 AM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
LMAO! I almost did that in front of dcd today. I put the sign up because I was sick of everyone ringing the doorbell evelentybillion times the past few weeks. UPS guy hammered on the door WHILE ringing the door bell 5 times the other day during nap time waking dcg and I wanted to throw the TV he delivered at him. "Sorry I didnt want to have this sitting out here all day" Well yeah thanks but if I worked outside the home it still wouldve sat outside all day. Plus everyone in the world has been dropping of dcg and ringing the doorbell so I finally said enough! I made a big ol sign and tapped it ON the doorbell so youd have to stick your hand under the sign to ring the bell. Apparently I wrote it in a foreign language. Or in a color peoples brains dont recognize. Why I chose bright blue is beyond me!

If my lights arent on then Im not open yet. ESPECIALLY if you havent told me a kid is coming early. Thats a hour and half earlier then normal. Theres a reason the lights are off and the doors locked. Stay in your car and think about it for a minute.

Im gonna get the "well dcd doesnt have minutes on his track phone" speech again from the dcm. Not my problem. Your 40. You figure it out.

It always becomes our problems though.
dEHmom 05:02 AM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
I've only done this ONCE and would never think of doing it again, so please no harsh judgments!

My husband and I were fighting and I had to change my DS' diaper. I don't know what he said, but I got so mad that I threw the balled up dirty diaper at him! It was only pee, but still.......we looked at each other.....then busted out laughing and gave each other a hug.

He's been giving me crap for that ever since. Made me feel better though!
oh i did that once too, but it was an over night diaper, and it was pretty full. The beads were everywhere it was gross. I dont' throw diapers anymore.
laundrymom 06:07 AM 03-25-2011
I have a kill switch. Dh put a switch in the doorbell line before it hits the music box part. Up is on, down is off. :-)
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
Can ya tell its Friday?

Dcg shows up with her dad ringing my doorbell at 7:15a even though shes been coming at around 8:30 since hes been back in the picture. Completely didnt heed the "please knock as it still might be nap/bedtime" sign I tapped ON the doorbell. I was still getting dressed because you know, she hasnt been getting here till later. Woke up my Ds.

Dcb shows up with a bottle (hes almost 2 and always gets cups here) and a nice pack of fruit snacks for breakfast. Even though they know I make breakfast. EVERY DAY.

El hub took the day off so he can go to a Ex military bosses swearing out ceremony and hes still sleeping in. Wish I could have days off where I sleep in and then get to do stuff outside the home all day. Just maybe once. So when he gets up Im putting him to work. Hes going to unhook or dislodge or do whatever he needs to do to get rid of my doorbell. Or Im going to take a hammer to it and anyone else who tries to push the button.

HAPPY FRIDAY FOLKS!!

MG&Lsmom 10:48 AM 03-25-2011
Both my doorbell and my home phone have been disconnected because of this.

Sorry your day started so rushed! it sucks sometimes huh?

My day started with DCM telling me she was staying home for the 3rd day in a row cuz she didn't feel like going to work. After I specifically told her that I hurt my back and if she wasn't going to work I needed her to stay home, free of charge, so I could go to urgent care.

AND OMG!!! Excuse me while I go yell at my neighbors for their super loud music during nap time. Freaking people!!!!
Tags:long week, tgif
Reply Up