Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sign-In/Sign-Out Question
SilverSabre25 06:25 AM 01-03-2011
Now that I have MMK (which I love, btw), I'm trying to keep better track of my hours and stuff. I have a question about sign-ins--do I *have* to have a physical sign-in/sign-out sheet that parents sign, or is the information I enter on the computer sufficient? (I'm thinking in terms of tax purposes, here).
MARSTELAC 06:32 AM 01-03-2011
It depends on your food program/licensing requirement. My state/food program do not require the parents to sign in/out. I tried it and was given such grief/attitude by the parents that I discontinued and started just keeping track on my own. I would love to get a time clock though and make them all do it themselves!
misol 06:38 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by MARSTELAC:
It depends on your food program/licensing requirement. My state/food program do not require the parents to sign in/out. I tried it and was given such grief/attitude by the parents that I discontinued and started just keeping track on my own. I would love to get a time clock though and make them all do it themselves!
I agree in that it depends on the requirements of your licensing requirements/ food program requirements.

Marestelac I have been looking on craigslist for quite some time for a time clock! As soon as I find one I am getting it!
Gurdy 06:47 AM 01-03-2011
I have the parents check the kids in every day so that I can track how many days they are here at the end of the year. I try to make it so that it is real quick and easy for the parents, I just have them put a check mark by their child(ren)s name to show that they are here for the day. Super quick and easy.
SilverSabre25 06:50 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by MARSTELAC:
Licensing/food program are not a concern for me. I'm just wondering for tax purposes in the event I have to prove my income, hours, etc.
legomom922 06:54 AM 01-03-2011
I am not on the food program, but I still require the sign in/out sheets in case of an audit. You cant be accused of providing care or making more money on days you didnt provide care if you can prove you didnt. Besides, every once in a while, I will forget to input the info, then I go back to the sheets for reference. Another good reason for them, is that if you ever have someone where lateness becomes a habit, you can prove it to them by showing them their sheet, that way they cannot argue the late fees, etc. And one more, LOL, if you ever have parents who are divorcing, sometimes you may need that sheet to show who is dropping off or picking up. Cover your butt always.
misol 06:59 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by legomom922:
I am not on the food program, but I still require the sign in/out sheets in case of an audit. You cant be accused of providing care or making more money on days you didnt provide care if you can prove you didnt. Besides, every once in a while, I will forget to input the info, then I go back to the sheets for reference. Another good reason for them, is that if you ever have someone where lateness becomes a habit, you can prove it to them by showing them their sheet, that way they cannot argue the late fees, etc. And one more, LOL, if you ever have parents who are divorcing, sometimes you may need that sheet to show who is dropping off or picking up. Cover your butt always.
Great advice!
Tags:sign in, sign out
Reply Up