Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Children_First - Update On DCK Allergy?
DCMomOf3 09:50 AM 02-07-2011
i was just wondering if you have posted an update on DCG who had a allergic reaction in your care. Do you know what ended up causing it?
mickey2 10:22 AM 02-07-2011
DCG is going for allergy testing on Monday. I was awaiting the results of the testing and was going to post an update.. Thanks for asking :-)

I am still caring for this little girl 3 days a week until we get the results. Mom is going to be going on maternity leave in a few weeks on March 20 so depending on the results, it will determine if I will be taking dcg and new baby back or not in September.

I already told mom if the testing comes back positive that I am unable to maintain a peanut free environment and I am unwilling to accept the risk.

Mom asked if I could wait until testing was done and I agreed. (mom does not seem to think that it is an allergy to peanut butter as she has had it many times in the past) I hope she is right as I love this family but I don't know. We will have to see.
countrymom 11:20 AM 02-07-2011
it could have been anything that day that gave her a rash, it just happened that pb was involved. I have a boy who is um allergic to eggs. He can eat them in stuff like cookies or bread but can't have raw eggs and can't eat them in cake. It all started because his gma made raw pancakes and he ate them so they think because she put eggs in them that it was eggs. I've had him for 4 yrs and I feed him everything and never had a problem.
Tags:allergies, allergy
Reply Up