Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lactose Intolerant?
Daycare_Mama 07:29 AM 01-26-2011
For those of you with experience with lactose intolerant kids, what are the signs/symptoms you've noticed?

I'm wondering if my dcb might be, but I have no experience with that issue, so I don't know. He consistently poops about 3 times per day just during the daycare day. It's not super loose, but not particularly formed either. He's 21 months old. The crazy part is that they smell unusually bad.. I don't know how to describe it since all BM diapers smell bad, but this is worse than "normal".

Are these signs of a lactose intolerance? I mentioned to dcm who's going to ask the Dr., but I thought many of you might have experience with this and some insight to offer?
cillybean83 07:35 AM 01-26-2011
my son is lactose intolerant and his symptoms were projectile vomiting whenever he had cow's milk, constipation to the point of needing *assistance* to have a BM -or- pure liquid blow out diapers...there was no in the middle, it was either water poop or lubing up a finger to help him poop.

Now he drinks almond milk, soy milk, or rice milk and he's like a new kid!
B Lou 07:35 AM 01-26-2011
I had DCG that anytime she ate any dairy product she would get very loose stools. And we had to change her diaper every half hour. If I didn't pay alot of attention it would seep through her clothes and everything she sat on. Unfortunatly her grandma didn't understand that pizza has cheese on it. So usually about 3 times aweek we had this problem.
Tags:allergies, lactose intolerant, milk
Reply Up