Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Program Update
Country Kids 11:24 AM 11-14-2011
So I finally after 3 weeks received a call from the FP. They only do appts. when children are not in care so they have the full attention of the provider because it will be a 1 1/2 to 2 hour appt. What!!!!!! So one night this week I have an appt. but it will be after hours so now I have a 13 hour work day that day because of the extra hours with the appt. The day before will also be a 13 hour workday because we have a training.

What got me was this person sounded soooooo young and when I was asking questions they weren't sure of the answers. They called back and said you were right there are alot of clauses regarding the food program. It was almost like they had never had to go off course and find out an answer to a question-like the whole thing suddenly wasn't black and white.

The person said I need to e-mail that question in and wait for an answer back! Sometimes I've actually thought of working for CCR&R because it seems like I have more knowledge than the people working there. I hope its not the same with the food program.
Heidi 11:26 AM 11-14-2011
Wow, our food program is awesome!
small_steps 11:50 AM 11-14-2011
Our food program sponser is awesome too! And my food lady that visits me is great. I hope she doesn't retire or quit anytime soon.
MommieNana4 07:01 AM 11-15-2011
My food program sponsor is GREAT! I've had one inspection that was quick and easy. The key is to have everyting ready ahead of time. I passed the inspection.
2ndFamilyDC 11:48 AM 11-15-2011
Hmmmm, never heard of the food program having a 1 1/2 hour appt.
after hours. But I have been on it for 21 years.

My Lady comes 3 X a year for 20 min. tops.
Unannounced visits to watch the kids eat, and check my
records.
Tags:food program, food program inspection, food program questions
Reply Up