Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CL Ad of the Day
wdmmom 09:47 AM 05-16-2012
We are looking for a responsible and dependable Nanny to come into our home, Monday-Friday, starting at 7:15 am with the day ending no later than 4:00pm. There will be some days that end as early as 3:30.

We have two children, both boys age 9 and 2, with a 3rd on the way in September. We do require a valid drivers license, a clean record and would prefer a few references.

We live just down the street from a park. We have zoo passes that can be used at any time. .

Everything needed to care for the boys will be included and paid for and we are willing to pay to $200/week to start, with an increase once baby is here.

Please email if you have any questions or are interested. Thank you so much for your time and consideration!

Wow!!! That's equivalent to $$4.57 per hour. Last time I checked, nannies in my area are paid somewhere in the tune of $10 - $20 per hour depending on the total number of children! Even if you figure daycare rates, that's only $2.29 per hour per kid! Daycares in my area charge about $4.00 per hour!!!

Sounds to me like this family wants someone to spend their entire paycheck on gasoline toting their kids all over town!

And...lemme guess...that baby is gonna gross you what?! Another dollar per hour, if that?!
MissK 10:00 AM 05-16-2012
That got me thinking about one I saw this morning:

I am In need of a babysitter part time during the week days. It varys from 2 to 4 days a week. Ill pay 25 dollars a day or 100 dollars a week depending on what days you work. My husband is out of town roofing during the week and home on the weekends so therefore i dont need a sitter during the weekend. You will need your own transportation to my house where they will be watched but i could give u a ride home after i am off work if needed. I work 6am to 2pm. You will need to get to my house by 5:45am. If this is something that sounds like its something you might like or be interested in please contact me on my cellphone call or text ******x. We can get together and discuss any further questions you might have, I do have 3 kids. 2month old boy, 3 year old daughter and 5 year son. This position is open asap!!!

So basically she works an 8 hour day the 'babysitter' would probably be there for around 9 hours (for the sake of a point here... ) so $25 for 3 kids for 9 hours = 2.77/hr or 0.93 per kid/hr crazy people *shakes head*
wdmmom 10:14 AM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by MissK:
That got me thinking about one I saw this morning:

I am In need of a babysitter part time during the week days. It varys from 2 to 4 days a week. Ill pay 25 dollars a day or 100 dollars a week depending on what days you work. My husband is out of town roofing during the week and home on the weekends so therefore i dont need a sitter during the weekend. You will need your own transportation to my house where they will be watched but i could give u a ride home after i am off work if needed. I work 6am to 2pm. You will need to get to my house by 5:45am. If this is something that sounds like its something you might like or be interested in please contact me on my cellphone call or text ******x. We can get together and discuss any further questions you might have, I do have 3 kids. 2month old boy, 3 year old daughter and 5 year son. This position is open asap!!!

So basically she works an 8 hour day the 'babysitter' would probably be there for around 9 hours (for the sake of a point here... ) so $25 for 3 kids for 9 hours = 2.77/hr or 0.93 per kid/hr crazy people *shakes head*

Oh now that one takes the cake! I don't even think a teenager would work the summer for that kind of money!
MarinaVanessa 11:05 AM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Oh now that one takes the cake! I don't even think a teenager would work the summer for that kind of money!
Nope, not in my area either. Here babysitter start at $7 (for teens) and Nanny's start at $10 (no experience, no formal training in ECE)
3girls 01:25 PM 05-16-2012
Wow, I think that is actually illegal. Someone watching children in your home is supposed to be paid at least minimum wage because they are considered a household employee - right???
cheerfuldom 06:25 PM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by 3girls:
Wow, I think that is actually illegal. Someone watching children in your home is supposed to be paid at least minimum wage because they are considered a household employee - right???
it is required to pay minimum wage to a nanny. However, actually enforcing this is another story....I believe you would have to get legal counsel involved and who is going to do that over a nanny situation? People would just go find another job. If you are taking a min. wage job, I highly doubt you would have the resources to sue your employer.
1vs7omg 07:15 PM 05-16-2012
This is what someone emailed me about childcare:

Good evening,

I saw your ad on craiglist for second shift daycare and I have a few questions regarding. Do you have availability opened for three boys ages 8,6 and 3 starting immediately. What are your rates, I will be applying for daycare assistance but will have to pay out of pocket until then. Do you provide after school pick up? and where are you located? Please I am in need of reliable cheap daycare immediately, I work part time and my husband just started working full time but he was supposed to work am and they scheduled him pms, so we are conflicting schedules. I can pay up to 5 dollars an hour for my boys and it would be about 4 hours a night several nights a week.

Thanks so much

Now, I'm just starting out and I don't have any kids yet; although I am desparate to get some, I'm not stupid. $5 for 3 kids?

Like I said, I don't have any kids, but by reading all these topics and posts, I have a great backbone already! I emailed her back and told her $4.25/hr for each. She didn't reply back.
cheerfuldom 07:20 PM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by 1vs7omg:
This is what someone emailed me about childcare:

Good evening,

I saw your ad on craiglist for second shift daycare and I have a few questions regarding. Do you have availability opened for three boys ages 8,6 and 3 starting immediately. What are your rates, I will be applying for daycare assistance but will have to pay out of pocket until then. Do you provide after school pick up? and where are you located? Please I am in need of reliable cheap daycare immediately, I work part time and my husband just started working full time but he was supposed to work am and they scheduled him pms, so we are conflicting schedules. I can pay up to 5 dollars an hour for my boys and it would be about 4 hours a night several nights a week.

Thanks so much

Now, I'm just starting out and I don't have any kids yet; although I am desparate to get some, I'm not stupid. $5 for 3 kids?

Like I said, I don't have any kids, but by reading all these topics and posts, I have a great backbone already! I emailed her back and told her $4.25/hr for each. She didn't reply back.
you just stick by your rates and wait for the right families. Its pretty clear that all she cares about is cheap.....she didnt ask a single thing about you or your program.
Reply Up