Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Just Want to Thank Everyone Here
DaisyMamma 04:30 PM 03-10-2013
I went to a childcare conference this weekend. One of the workshops I did was on policies and getting parents to follow them.
I was amazed how the other ladies had no backbones. They complained of bad checks (compiling week after week) and late payments, etc.
When I first started I had these same problems. But these were older ladies, having done daycare for 20+ years.
I learned some great things in there, but I realized how great my policies are and how strong my backbone is and I owe it completely to this forum, without a doubt.
Thank you!
sahm1225 05:31 PM 03-10-2013
This forum is amazing! I'm always on here but rarely post... But now that I saw that private forum, I am starting to participate more so I can get invited!

This forum has helped with do much! I love the gals here
Michael 05:45 PM 03-10-2013
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
This forum is amazing! I'm always on here but rarely post... But now that I saw that private forum, I am starting to participate more so I can get invited!

This forum has helped with do much! I love the gals here
Thanks for supporting the Daycare.com forum. I sent you a PM with information on the private thread.
mom2many 05:55 PM 03-10-2013
I had been doing daycare for 25 years, before I stumbled upon this forum. I learned sooooo MANY things the hard way & I wish I had found this site years ago!
MsLaura529 06:06 PM 03-10-2013
I definitely agree ... I feel like I am so much more prepared than I would have been had I not found this site!
Sprouts 07:10 PM 03-10-2013
So when and where can we do our own conference??
mom2many 08:18 PM 03-10-2013
Originally Posted by Sprouts:

Michael 08:55 PM 03-10-2013
I've done them before of other industries. Usually conferences can cost a pretty penny.
TheGoodLife 10:28 PM 03-10-2013
I agree, as a new provider I have gained a wealth of information and ideas here! (Last week was a complete fail, but hopefully will get better!) I too am excited to keep up participation for the private forum, and to have a welcomed support system in this new direction! Thanks to everyone here who has been so helpful so far
Tucker 12:23 AM 03-11-2013
I too am a regular here, but rarely post. I have been doing childcare for the past 10 yrs and I have learned so much since I found this forum! You ladies are great! I am going to try and come out of my 'shell' and participate more as I too, would love to be invited to the new forum!
MamaBearCanada 04:07 AM 03-11-2013
I agree. This forum has been a real Godsend. It has given me the tools and motivation to stick to my policies, to think about what works for me, and to treat this like a real business (which it is!). As an added bonus it has helped me use my backbone in my personal life as well and I feel less stressed with more freedom than I have for years.
DaisyMamma 03:36 PM 03-11-2013
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
I agree. That would be great!
MNMum 06:46 PM 03-11-2013
This forum was my handbook in everything childcare. I knew I was going to start a home daycare after we built our house and I spent 5 mos learning from everyone here before I opened my doors. From set-up, to childcare practice, to policies!
jenn 06:26 AM 03-12-2013
I agree, the forum is awesome. Great ideas, great help. Sometimes it helps just to see that other people have similar issues. Before I found this forum, I would think "How do all these providers do it so easily and I have all these issues?". Now I know everyone struggles with issues/kids/families from time to time and that it is OK. Some days I can read a post and think I could have written that exact thing!
Tags:daycare.com
Reply Up