Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Confused with disbelief
Unregistered 09:52 AM 08-06-2012
I am so not happy right now. Just opened a daycare, post my posting on craigslist. Thought I was emailed by a prospective client and went out my way to get things ready. However, I was concern of scams so I went to look up that prospective client name. Turn out this person own a daycare herself...I am so confused because she schedule a meeting with me after finding out my rates and looking at my websites for information. I would think all my information has been posted in my website so she didn't have pretend to want to meet me if she already seen my stuff. But I do not understand why she would still want to meet me. I suppose to meet her today, and I am doubting that she will come...But if she does I have no idea what to do. I do not want to waste my time if that person was just trying to pry out my daycare. She told me she was a first year teacher...But it turned out she just opened her daycare a few months ago...? I am so confused. What should I do??
cheerfuldom 10:24 AM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am so not happy right now. Just opened a daycare, post my posting on craigslist. Thought I was emailed by a prospective client and went out my way to get things ready. However, I was concern of scams so I went to look up that prospective client name. Turn out this person own a daycare herself...I am so confused because she schedule a meeting with me after finding out my rates and looking at my websites for information. I would think all my information has been posted in my website so she didn't have pretend to want to meet me if she already seen my stuff. But I do not understand why she would still want to meet me. I suppose to meet her today, and I am doubting that she will come...But if she does I have no idea what to do. I do not want to waste my time if that person was just trying to pry out my daycare. She told me she was a first year teacher...But it turned out she just opened her daycare a few months ago...? I am so confused. What should I do??

Write her back and clarify what it is she is looking for....dont waste your time with people that are not serious about coming to your daycare.

"Rebecca, it is my understanding that you are a fellow daycare provider. I am confused about what you are looking for with our interview and wanted to clarify. Are you closing your daycare and returning to work? If so, I would be happy to continue our interview with the possibility of your child joining my group. Are you looking to connect with fellow daycare providers and NOT intending to send your child here permanently? If that is the case, I would prefer that I not use an evening conducting an interview with a family that is not looking for immediate daycare services. I would be happy to get together some other time to talk shop but again, please clarify what it is that you are looking for in contacting me and setting up an interview. Look forward to your reply!"

this whole scenario is fairly common so dont feel bad OP. people do try and put out feelers about what their competition is offering.
Unregistered 10:44 AM 08-06-2012
I feel like such a investigator right now, I just call the school that she told me she work for with her name and the person told me she does work there...okay. So she just opened her daycare 3 months ago, and now she is also working at an elementary school that is super close to my daycare...Maybe she opened a daycare and got recently hired by that school? I have no idea, I guess we shall find out once soon.
DCBlessings27 12:03 PM 08-06-2012
Since you called the school and found out she does have a job, maybe you should give her the benefit of the doubt. Jobs are tough to find sometimes as a first year teacher. (I taught for awhile before opening my daycare. I did sooo many interviews before landing my first teaching job.) She might have started the daycare for the summer while she was interviewing in order to make money while searching for a job.

Since she has found a job, now it seems she needs daycare. Hopefully, you'll have more information today if she shows. I would assume that a former provider would be a good daycare parent because she would understand the illness, payment, other policies more than some other parents.
Meyou 03:13 PM 08-06-2012
She may have lucked into a teaching job unexpectedly and was doing daycare until she found one. I would just ask her about it and go from there.
DCMama 03:25 PM 08-06-2012
If she's not interested she will not show
jojosmommy 03:26 PM 08-06-2012
I am a teacher and a dcm. I work evenings and do home visits for special ed and early intervention. Maybe she does the reverse, works during the day and dc in eve OR has a dc partner so she can still work pt.
Unregistered 03:43 PM 08-06-2012
Just as I suspected, She didn't show...go figure...I did give her the benefit of the doubt and girlfriend did not show. This is rude considering she was or is a child care provider and mom and should know not to waste other child care provider/mom time. I am this close to posting her identity everywhere or write a review about her regarding this incident. If she do not reply to me back or say anything regarding this incident, I will assume that she is conning me to giving out my info for her business benefits. That was low by the way. I think I'll wait it out until I go and tarnish her rep. Just kidding, this is just my frustrated self talking...I may or may not follow up on this.
DaisyMamma 07:53 PM 08-06-2012
I had a similar thing happen, but I didn't find out about DCM's daycare until her child had been enrolled and coming for a.month or so.
It turned out that she had intended on opening a daycare and never did. She set up a few ads and a web site, but was never licensed - I looked it up. I never asked her about it. She too got a teaching job, showed up everyday with her ID on for the school. I found it odd that she never mentioned her "daycare" but maybe she was embarrassed it didn't work out.
texascare 06:30 AM 08-07-2012
When we moved into our current neighborhood one of the first calls I had was from another provider wanting me to take care of he kids so she could take more kids and make more money. I said well I know you do daycare and I charge more than you so how would you be making more money if you sent me your kids? I really think it was ploy to see my set up etc. If they would just ask I would help but trying to scam me really is irritating.
Unregistered 09:34 AM 08-07-2012
I am just irritated by the fact that anything she could of wanted to find out was on my website already. Like go there and have a blast wit it. Why waste my time and pretend to want to make a meeting with me....and she didnt even show up (go figure). It irritates me so mich that i want to do the same to her. But no I will not stoop as low asmher. But she need to know whats its like to have someone wastenher precious time. Karma will get her. I be patiently waiting.
Reply Up