Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 more days, 2 more days vent
Zoe 06:26 AM 06-01-2011
I have a SA who I've been taking care of before and after school since the beginning of the school year. Frankly, he drives me crazy. There are some special needs, and as a former special ed teacher, it isn't the behavior that bugs me. It's his obsession with my dogs. He follows them everywhere, won't let the other kids touch them, I have to put up their toys or else he'll throw them in the house. He incessantly asks me questions about them. It was a nice teaching experience for a few months, but it's just annoying now. Oh, that and his mother isn't much better, KWIM?

Anyway, he's done with daycare after Friday as he's aging out, and I've been counting down the days. His mom gave me an extra pair of clothes during the winter in case he had an accident before school, which I gave back in the spring, only to not receive any spring clothes in return. His mother said he hasn't been having any accidents. So whatever, I hadn't seen any accidents either the entire time I've had him so it wasn't a big deal.

So today the time came to go to the bus and he was going to the bathroom as usual. I hear him giggling. That's not a good sign. So I check on him and he thought it would be funny to pee all over my bathroom!

Joke's on him though, cuz he got a lot of pee on his shirt and I had no extra clothes. My kids are little and I don't have anything that would fit him, so after having him clean up the bathroom, I sent him off to the bus wet. What else could I do?! He will have extra clothes once he gets to school, but maybe he'll think twice before doing that again.

This is the first time he's ever done this! Part of me feels bad that I couldn't clean him up, but the other part of me is just saying "2 more days, 2 more days."
momofboys 06:45 AM 06-01-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
I have a SA who I've been taking care of before and after school since the beginning of the school year. Frankly, he drives me crazy. There are some special needs, and as a former special ed teacher, it isn't the behavior that bugs me. It's his obsession with my dogs. He follows them everywhere, won't let the other kids touch them, I have to put up their toys or else he'll throw them in the house. He incessantly asks me questions about them. It was a nice teaching experience for a few months, but it's just annoying now. Oh, that and his mother isn't much better, KWIM?

Anyway, he's done with daycare after Friday as he's aging out, and I've been counting down the days. His mom gave me an extra pair of clothes during the winter in case he had an accident before school, which I gave back in the spring, only to not receive any spring clothes in return. His mother said he hasn't been having any accidents. So whatever, I hadn't seen any accidents either the entire time I've had him so it wasn't a big deal.

So today the time came to go to the bus and he was going to the bathroom as usual. I hear him giggling. That's not a good sign. So I check on him and he thought it would be funny to pee all over my bathroom!

Joke's on him though, cuz he got a lot of pee on his shirt and I had no extra clothes. My kids are little and I don't have anything that would fit him, so after having him clean up the bathroom, I sent him off to the bus wet. What else could I do?! He will have extra clothes once he gets to school, but maybe he'll think twice before doing that again.

This is the first time he's ever done this! Part of me feels bad that I couldn't clean him up, but the other part of me is just saying "2 more days, 2 more days."
Oh, my!!!! I would have had an absolute fit. It sounds like he is old enough to know better despite whatever disability he has. I feel for you. If he had clothes to change into at school I wouldn't stress too much about it. I would bring it up to the mom & let her know she did not bring back-up clothes.
Zoe 09:09 AM 06-01-2011
Yes he is old enough. He's 9! I know that boys in elementary school enjoy doing this kind of stuff, but COME ON!!!!! He hasn't done anything like this the entire time I've had him!

I did clean him up, so he wasn't too wet, but it had to be uncomfortable riding on the bus like that. I really hope he learned his lesson.
Kaddidle Care 10:23 AM 06-01-2011
I would have put him in my pinkest flowery shirt. Too bad the bus came so quickly because I would also have made him clean it up.
Tags:bathroom problems, school-age
Reply Up