Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Great Fork/Spoon Debate
MsMe 08:57 AM 04-13-2012
I get meaner by the minute today (see:Am I heartless?)

DCB (5) sat down for lunch today and was WAY mad that he was given a fork instead of a spoon.

*We are have all 'fork appropriate food'
*all of the spoons are dirty
* he is well able to use a fork.

I don't fight about food. There is NO reason he can't use the fork today other than he 'he doesn't want to" Boy am I a meany.
bice99 09:08 AM 04-13-2012
Oh no! The world will end. LOL. I have children use the correct utensils as soon as they are able. Many of my toddlers actually fare better with forks because they can poke their food (elbow noodles, diced up fruit and veggies) better than they can scoop it (you know how they end up pushing it all out of the bowl and don't end up with any on their spoon).
Heidi 10:29 AM 04-13-2012
I'm a fork person, too. For some reason, it grosses me out to see people spooning up "fork" food... I don't know why...maybe a german thing? We learned to use a fork AND knife before we were in school "continental style" with the fork in the left hand and the knife in the right. I still eat that way.

If we acted up at the table (squirming, yelling, etc), we were very quickly "reminded" about table manners....dad's hand meets back of neck=reminder.
Reply Up