Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy Valentine's Day!
SilverSabre25 05:19 AM 02-14-2012
Hope yours is going better than mine...DH is going to be gone until after 9 PM tonight and got me absolutely nothing, PLUS made me get up with the baby at 5:30 this morning after being a colossal jerk the past few days.

NOW my little baby dcb just gifted me with the hugest blow-out diaper I have EVER seen in my LIFE. It is all the way up his back, almost to his neck. And I found it after I had been holding him, so the sleeve of my shirt is soaked with poo, too. He is getting a bath because I literally have no choice, I need a shower and won't get one, and, well, I have poo on me...

On the upside, one dcm brought me some flowers, and both dc families that are here today brought me AND the other kids Valentines! Completely unexpected and so sweet. my families.
Cat Herder 05:53 AM 02-14-2012
Happy Valentines Day!!

All of my DCP's brought me little gifts. I have never had that before...not for Valentines. Completely unexpected and really sweet.

Now, off to set up the party.
Blackcat31 08:07 AM 02-14-2012
(((hugs))) Silver!! for dealing with all that! Hope you DH comes around and realizes the error in his ways....

Happy Valentines Day!! I got a big heart shaped box of chocolates from DH. Kind of a rarity as I have NEVER been the flowers or chocolate kind of gal, so it was really unexpected and really sweet.

We are not doing any type of Valentine's Day party or anything out of our normal routine. We are just focusing on the colors red and pink and the "heart" shape.

My group is pretty young this year so I really didn't want to push the issue of Valentines Day (which is for lovers, IMOP) on a group of littles.
MamaBear 08:29 AM 02-14-2012
Happy Valentine's Day! Mine is "ok" so far. I didn't get anything from the children...I guess I didn't really expect anything. I made them all little Valentine bags with gifts inside. We're having a Valentine's party and a birthday party for one of the boys all mixed into one today. My Valentine is on deployment so I think I'll go buy myself some roses today.
melskids 08:49 AM 02-14-2012
Happy Valentine's Day!

Hope your afternoon goes a little smoother.

I got a few handmade cards from some of the DC kids, and that was so sweet!
PitterPatter 05:53 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Hope yours is going better than mine...DH is going to be gone until after 9 PM tonight and got me absolutely nothing, PLUS made me get up with the baby at 5:30 this morning after being a colossal jerk the past few days.

NOW my little baby dcb just gifted me with the hugest blow-out diaper I have EVER seen in my LIFE. It is all the way up his back, almost to his neck. And I found it after I had been holding him, so the sleeve of my shirt is soaked with poo, too. He is getting a bath because I literally have no choice, I need a shower and won't get one, and, well, I have poo on me...

On the upside, one dcm brought me some flowers, and both dc families that are here today brought me AND the other kids Valentines! Completely unexpected and so sweet. my families.
Happy Valentines Day to you.

Bummer DH didn't get you anything. You were as busy as I was today! I didn't get anything from a DH because I don't have one. I don't have a boyfriend either so nothing for me.

My son did make me a frame in school so that was sweet! Nothing from the dayacre families or kids but then again I don't really expect it tho it would be nice.

I spent all day on my feet because I forgot to bake the cupcakes the night before so I spent nap time on my feet doing those and lunch dishes then preping for arts and crafts because the kids woke early. Which after it seemed to take forever to clean up glitter, glue, scraps and such.

Snack time we finally got to have our cupcakes which got tracked into the carpet and I scrubbed by hand because I didn't know DCB had stepped on the icing when he dropped 1. 3 SA kids come tearing in at 3:00, shrieking on a sugar high from their classroom parties. They proceed to dump out all of their valentines exchanges. They too then want a cupcake and their Valentine baskets which they also dump out to compare. Bubbles begin blowing all over the house! Tornado daycare was our name today.

Send a couple preschoolers home at 4, DCM sees all going on and decided to park her azz and look through the kids baskets and start laying claim to the goodies then let me put the kids shoes and coats and hats on as well as finally pack up all their goodies. They leave without a thank you. Finally only SA kids remain. I think good I can start my lasagna. I have to keep stopping to go break up bicker sessions that are getting loud between 2 SA.

Finally I get the lasagna all started only after putting 2 SA in the todder time out bench. I attempt to take a seat only to crack my pinky toe on the table so I spend another 2 minutes on my feet doing the owie dance!

Finally all kids out at 5:30. No gifts from anyone but my son but thats the important one. I invited my Mother for dinner with us and finally got all cleaned up and pop online. My gift is now being able to say goodnight ladies, I finally get to go lay down!

Hope you all have a great evening!
Tags:valentines day, valentines day ideas, valentines gift ideas
Reply Up