Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is Anyone Out There Raising Their Rates This Year?
Unregistered 10:35 AM 11-06-2009
Hi! I am just wondering if there is anyone out there that is going to be raising their rates for the New Year. I haven't raised any of my rates for 3 yrs. now.
I think with everything going up, food, gas, supplies, I guess just about everything I use. I have done daycare now for 6 yrs. and I was just calculating what I spend in 1 month on everything, and I really do not make that much.
If anyone is raising their rates, can you say by how much?
Parttime rates, up to so many hrs.?
Before and after school rates?
Thanks so much!!!!
melissa ann 03:22 PM 11-06-2009
I raised mine a couple of months ago. I increased by $1.00/day. I really dont have part-time rates. I charge a daily rate regardless the number of hours. But I do have a 3 day min. guarantee rate.
tymaboy 09:31 AM 11-08-2009
I am also. The rates I have right now are on the low side for my area. The new rates will be the going rate in my area, unless they raise their rates this year too.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03:34 AM 11-09-2009
I will be raising my rates 5 dollars a week with any new children enrolled this year. Everyone always stays the same once they enroll so I just raise them on the new clients. The parents think its great that I never raise rates once they enroll. Noone knows what the others pay. This way it is used as part of my advertising, I never raise your rate,.. and I get usually 1 new kid a year,...
momma2girls 04:48 AM 11-09-2009
tym- are you from CR. If so could you tell me what side of town you are on, and what the going rate is over where you are at.
I am on the NE side and the going rate for in home around me is, $125.00-$150.00/wk. for each child.
If anyone else is from CR/Marion area, can we all find out how much each other is charging, to make sure we are in each other's ballparks at least a little bit. I think it is interesting. Snother thing if you take parttime, and what the rate is for parttime children.
THanks!!!
It is great to see how many Iowa- CR daycare providers that are on here. Maybe more of us will come aboard!!!
Have a great day!!!
tymaboy 05:40 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
tym- are you from CR. If so could you tell me what side of town you are on, and what the going rate is over where you are at.
I am on the NE side and the going rate for in home around me is, $125.00-$150.00/wk. for each child.
If anyone else is from CR/Marion area, can we all find out how much each other is charging, to make sure we are in each other's ballparks at least a little bit. I think it is interesting. Snother thing if you take parttime, and what the rate is for parttime children.
THanks!!!
It is great to see how many Iowa- CR daycare providers that are on here. Maybe more of us will come aboard!!!
Have a great day!!!
I'm not in CR. I'm in Dbq. The going rate here is between $2.50 - $2.80 an hour. My new rates will be on the low end of this scale.
momma2girls 07:48 AM 11-09-2009
Awesome, I know my sister does daycare in a small town in Iowa and they also do hrly. rates, hers are $2.75 for one child, and $3.50 for two children. In Dubuque do most do hrly . rates, here in CR. there may be a few, but not many that do hrly. I can from a small town as well, where everyone went to a daily rate, just so much easier for everyone!!
Nice to see ya on here!!!!
tymaboy 09:27 AM 11-09-2009
From what I gather from my training classes it is mixed between daily & hourly rates. My new rates the families have their choice of hourly or daily. I know for 2 of my parents the daily rate will be a better fit for them, the other families I'm sure the one will choice the hourly but not sure about the other.
Tags:raising rates, rate increase
Reply Up