Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"One Million Moms" Shuns Schweddy Balls
nannyde 07:01 AM 10-21-2011
http://news.yahoo.com/stores-freezin...213431173.html

"We don't want the envelope to continue to be pushed," Cole said of the Schweddy Balls name. "I realize it could be a lot worse, but are they going to progressively get worse if we don't say something? Maybe they'll think twice before they come up with another inappropriate name for ice cream."

sharlan 07:03 AM 10-21-2011
My reply..........whatever.
Cat Herder 07:05 AM 10-21-2011
Ugh.... One Million Moms, keep your agenda out of my freezer.

I am over 21 after-all.

The more they do this the more I buy (What a Cluster is my current fav). I bet I am not alone.

Maybe they are on the advertising payroll...
Zoe 07:10 AM 10-21-2011
They didn't make that flavor of ice cream for the kids so why is this a big deal?! Just don't buy it for your kids! Some people are just looking for something to complain about. I'm a mom and I personally think it's hilarious!
laundrymom 07:23 AM 10-21-2011
I can't FIND IT!!!!
Maddy'sMommy 07:25 AM 10-21-2011
Of all the things we could be trying to change, I think the name of an ice cream flavour should be pretty low on the list.

What about getting food, diapers, and supplies to low-income families? What about helping unemployed parents find work to help their families? Who really wants to pick a battle about ice cream? Don't like it, don't buy it.
sharlan 07:33 AM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by Maddy'sMommy:
Of all the things we could be trying to change, I think the name of an ice cream flavour should be pretty low on the list.

What about getting food, diapers, and supplies to low-income families? What about helping unemployed parents find work to help their families? Who really wants to pick a battle about ice cream? Don't like it, don't buy it.
I agree.

If YOU don't like the name, don't buy it, simple as that.
Cat Herder 07:34 AM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I can't FIND IT!!!!
Go to the B&J website and type your zipcode into the flavor locator. It will give you a list of retailers and what flavors they carry.

http://www.inquisitr.com/ben-jerrys-...market-chains/
Crystal 07:35 AM 10-21-2011
Wow. What a waste of time. I wonder if these Moms realize how much Ben and Jerry's GIVES BACK to our communities and our world? They should be applauding them for all they do........not dissing them over a name. It's pretty simple.....just don't buy it. But, I will because I support B&J's causes.

I hope B&J's don't cave and pull the name.
jen 07:37 AM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Ugh.... One Million Moms, keep your agenda out of my freezer.

I am over 21 after-all.

The more they do this the more I buy. I bet I am not alone.

Maybe they are on the advertising payroll...
I couldn't agree more...I hadn't planned on buying it; but I do now. Lots of it.
Crystal 07:46 AM 10-21-2011
So you can go to B&J's website and click on their flavors, locate this flavor and "become a fan" through facebook. If I had a facebook account, I could have been the first fan!
morgan24 07:54 AM 10-21-2011
I can think of way better things to spend time and energy on than the name of ice cream.
I hope Ben & Jerry's keeps the name too.
Unregistered 08:53 AM 10-21-2011
I love you ladies. Along with great advice, you give me a really good laugh! Like Herman Cain said recently, "America needs to get a sense of humor." These same uptight mothers must work at my son's school. He has gotten detention for taking FAKE dog poop to school. While another kid actually dookied in a baggie and put it in another kid's locker. He didnt get in trouble. UGH!
Unregistered 09:18 AM 10-21-2011
dookied? What is that? I can guess a couple of things, but which is it?
Sugar Magnolia 10:17 AM 10-21-2011
Love the Ben and Jerrys. Period.
MarinaVanessa 10:20 AM 10-21-2011
I really wanted to go out and buy "Schweddy Balls" to try it just to make a point but I'm a little dissapointed to see that none of the scoop stores in my area carry the flavor . I wonder if the stores will carry it. I really want some "Schweddy Balls"
Oneluckymom 10:23 AM 10-21-2011
I wonder why they don't carry it...Hmmm?
Unregistered 10:42 AM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by Maddy'sMommy:

What about helping out the working poor!!! Low income families get enough already.
nannyde 12:19 PM 10-21-2011
DS and I think it's hysterical but we haven't been able to find it in our stores yet.

I've nicknamed him "Schweddy" now.
MamaBear 01:12 PM 10-21-2011
I think its hilarious. Anyone who is offended by the ice cream name is wound too tight - just dont buy it if you dont want your kid to say the name. I cant wait to taste this new flavor! haha
SilverSabre25 01:48 PM 10-21-2011
Well of course, I applaud them! It's a terrible name! It's corrupting our poor innocent youth!

You know we shouldn't even call round objects that children play with by that loathesome 4-letter "B word". We should refer to those toys by their proper geometrical name of "Spheres". There is nothing harmful or improper about referring to a geometric solid, now is there. It's a nice, wholesome term that helps incorporate Math into our children's play.
SilverSabre25 01:50 PM 10-21-2011
^
l

I'm JOKING up there, folks!

All jokes aside though...kids aren't going to GET the double entendre. It will just fly straight over their heads. The joke is in the stratosphere, and the kids are down here on the ground. WAY over their heads.

It's FUNNY.

And I'm tempted to go buy some, just to show my support!
Tags:article, control freak, funny, schweddy balls, stepford
Reply Up