Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ms. Anges' Daycare
Unregistered 11:07 AM 02-15-2012
I have continually asked the parents to knock at the front door and wait for it to be opened to them just out of respect. It may last a couple of days and then they are back to the same old thing any suggestions on a cute but to the point sign to put on door?

frustrated in ohio
familyschoolcare 11:37 AM 02-15-2012
can you lock the door
momma2girls 12:15 PM 02-15-2012
I am a frim believer to have the daycare front door locked, after everyone has arrived in the am, til after snacks, waiting for pick ups.
I still have had parents scare me to death!!
I have a note in my contract- something like this
Please be curtious and please knock at my daycare, and home, before letting yourself in.
MrsB 12:43 PM 02-15-2012
See Im the opposite and tell the DCP that they can come in without knocking. Sometimes I'm in the middle of a diaper or something and if I get up and walk out of the playroom then the kids know that someone is at the door and its like storming the beaches of Normandy everytime. And I tell them the door will be locked during non-daycare hours. I have had a few show up in the morning 20 minutes early and try the door, hmmmm its locked. They have to wait.

On the other hand a day care provider friend of mine is like you and prefers to answer the door. She put a new knob on her door that locks but can always be open from the inside, in case of a fire a kid could open it but remains locked to the outside.
AmyLeigh 02:12 PM 02-15-2012
I am the same as MrsB. I have a separate door for daycare that is unlocked during business hours. It has bells on it so I know the instant someone comes in.
Tags:locked doors, uninvited parents
Reply Up