Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This Takes The Cake!!!
Angelwings36 01:26 PM 04-25-2012
So I sent a little boy home today with a full body rash that looks very similar to what the coxsackie virus looks like. I sent dcm this text:

Hey ****. ******* has a rash all over his body. He needs to be picked up immediately and taken to the doctor.

She came and picked up her son within 20 minutes. Great!

So the following text messages took place about 2 hours later:

Me: Did you figure out what the rash was?

DCM: Oh shoot sorry...******* dr was out of the office today but her assistant said that the rash was nothing to worry about. They said that the dr would call me tomorrow to confirm that.

Are you kidding me? The assistant said it was nothing to worry about and the doctor will CALL to confirm that? Since when does a doctor make a diagnosis without seeing the child. Plus so what if his doctor was out of the office we do have what is called WALK IN CLINICS!!! RED FLAG!!!

Me: Ok but he won't be able to come back until he sees a doctor confirming what the rash is. I will need a doctors note with diagnosis. I have children here with compromised immune systems so I have to think of the whole group. I had a little boy last year who had a very similar rash and was brought to daycare, rash didn't look serious but my whole group got infected with the coxsackie virus.

Dcm: Oh yeah I totally understand...I will talk to his doctor tomorrow and let you know what she says.

SHE WILL TALK to his doctor tomorrow??

Me: Ok make sure you get a written note. Thanks.

I WILL NOT accept her son back into daycare until I have a written diagnosis from a doctor and it better be a REAL doctor's note too. This same mom refused to take him to the doctor when he had the runs for 5 days straight because it was nothing (blamed it on milk sensitivity and I, like an idiot believed her) I ended up with the same da** thing (minus the milk sensitivity) with runs for 5 days! Was not happy!!!
DCMom 01:39 PM 04-25-2012
What is wrong with people?? We all have ONE family like this, don't we?

Same scenerio here yesterday ~ only is was a bath products sensitivity causing the rash. Plausible because dcg does have sensitive skin. Didn't think too much about it; called mom at lunch because dcg had been acting 'off' all day and now wasn't eating.

Come to find out, medicated fever, on antibiotics for the last 4 days (they are part time, yesterday was their first day of the week) but she feels the fever is...wait for it...TEETHING...because she doesn't want to eat or drink. I look in her mouth for signs of TEETHING and find OPEN SORES instead. How do you not see this in your own child??

Sent her home, they took her to the doctor and it's, you guessed it, Hand Foot and Mouth disease. And 7 other kids have been exposed because neither mom or dad could be honest with me.

Sorry to hijack the thread

Don't you feel like you need some sort of a check in questionnaire some days??
Angelwings36 01:43 PM 04-25-2012
When Dcm dropped off dcb (11 months by the way) this morning she informed me he didn't really eat anything for breakfast. I didn't think anything of it but maybe he didn't eat because he wasn't feeling good. Maybe dcm didn't want to take him to the doctor because he already seen a doctor and is getting treatment? You really never know but I am NO BULL**** when it comes to my illness policy, I was proud that I found the right words to enforce my policy today so she couldn't get away with it!
JenNJ 01:54 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Angelwings36:
When Dcm dropped off dcb (11 months by the way) this morning she informed me he didn't really eat anything for breakfast. I didn't think anything of it but maybe he didn't eat because he wasn't feeling good. Maybe dcm didn't want to take him to the doctor because he already seen a doctor and is getting treatment? You really never know but I am NO BULL**** when it comes to my illness policy, I was proud that I found the right words to enforce my policy today so she couldn't get away with it!
Did you take him???
Unregistered 04:40 PM 04-25-2012
And you live in Canada where health care is FREE!! Oh my gosh.
Meyou 02:33 AM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
And you live in Canada where health care is FREE!! Oh my gosh.
Lazy doesn't care how much it costs. I had to refuse to let a DCG girl return TWICE last year before her parents would take her to a doctor. Actually say the words to them, "She can't come back here even to the door until she sees a doctor. Her symptoms concern me greatly and I have to insist on a doctor's note." Once she had impetigo and the other time she had an allergic reaction to a cleaning product (not here) that looked horrible. Both times they covered the rashes with pants and bandaids.
Tags:parents - are clueless, rash policy
Reply Up