Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For What Reasons Would You Term A Child
strawberryslc17 02:32 PM 06-21-2012
Hi! I have been a long time lurker, but finally decided it was time to register and post. I just started up my daycare back in Jan. I have had 2 DCF since starting, but currently only have one for the summer. I have had issues with this family since the first week, but have kept him because he is such a good child, and I enjoy having him! Mom was great at interview, and it has went down hill since then. I am seriously starting to consider terming this child due to issues with the mother. It isn't anything serious, but a lot of little things that keep adding up. I am to the point that dealing with her is ruining my whole day. She is very demanding, and treats me like her employee. She has no respect for my policies or time. I have been very accomodating since he is my only daycare child, but am at my breaking point. The extra money is nice, but I don't have to have it to survive, and am starting to think of just taking the rest of the summer off with my children, and starting back up after I have my baby in the fall. I just don't wont to seem like a wimp for letting her go. I am a good mom and provider, and would like to start over fresh with families that appreciate me and all that I have to offer. So, I am looking for reasons why you have termed in the past, and if the situation got better afterward. I know that there are good families out there I just need to interview more and find them, and not settle for the next one that wants care, if they are not a good fit. Thanks so much in advance for all of your help. I have learned so much from reading this board!!
Blackcat31 03:22 PM 06-21-2012
Welcome to the forum!

Your status has been upgraded so you can post freely now

Personally I would term any child who had behaviors that made caring for the rest of the group impossible and or risked their safety.

I would also term a child if the parent blatantly disregarded any of my policies on a repeated basis or was disrespectful or rude to me or my family.

My handbook reads:

"Services may be terminated (with notice or immediately) for the following reasons:
  • Disrespecting or physical/verbal abuse to others/home
  • Failure to pay in a timely manner
  • Child's behavior
  • Repeated Late pick up/ drop off or No Shows
  • Lack of compliance with handbook policy regulations
  • Failure to complete the required forms
  • Lack of parental cooperation
  • Failure of child to adjust to the child care
  • My inability to meet the child's needs
  • Serious illness of child or provider
  • False information given by parent either verbally or in writing"

Reply Up