Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Newsletters
littlemonkeys 04:51 PM 02-17-2011
I've been thinking about putting together a monthly newsletter for the dcp's, but I'm a bit stumped. Would anyone mind sharing one with me as an example?

Thx!
daycare 05:24 PM 02-17-2011
This is one that I attach to our montly calendar and food menu from a few months ago..

sorry I tried to attach it but it would not allow me to... it would look better if I emailed it..

Lots of exciting new stuff going on this month!

Introducing new rewards system----Positive/sticker points (See Cork board by front door for details.) Let’s reward good behavior.

Two Parents night out this month--- (see dates on calendar) Due to growth in the daycare, this month we will offer two different nights of PNO. Each family will be able to sign up for one night out of the two choices. If you would like to sign up for both nights, only one night will be free and there must be availability. Please allow all families to have a chance to sign up for parent’s night out, siblings are also allowed to attend. 5 spots will be offered for each night! We all know that where’s there’s happy parents, there’s happy kids. If you are interested in a second paid night out, inquire within.

Show and Tell--- Help your child to choose a special item that reflects this month’s theme from home. Help them come up with a presentation for all of their friends.

MGT- Don’t forget that all Mother Goose Time Fees are due by October 15th! The fee is $20.00 per month.

Pumpkin carving/painting--- Please bring a small pumpkin that your child can enjoy turning into a jack-o-lantern. Please make sure that it is small so that it will not be too large of a task that it will lose their interest.
Friday October 29,--- we will be having a small Halloween Celebration/ Lunch! It will be for one hour from 12:00-1:00. All are welcome to attend. Please help by providing a healthy spooky treat for all.

Gathering list:
Dirt plants magazines shovel pumpkin seeds
chocolate pudding old rags empty cereal box 1 ziplock bag
potting soil Pretzel sticks sticks from outside
Sandbox 07:43 AM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by littlemonkeys:
I've been thinking about putting together a monthly newsletter for the dcp's, but I'm a bit stumped. Would anyone mind sharing one with me as an example?

Thx!
I don't know if this helps, but there are some great newsletter sending tools out there. One of the most popular ones is called mailchimp, but if you google search email marketing tools you'll find lots of them.

It has pre built newsletter templates, and sends the email to all of your contacts.
littlemonkeys 08:20 AM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
This is one that I attach to our montly calendar and food menu from a few months ago..

sorry I tried to attach it but it would not allow me to... it would look better if I emailed it..

Lots of exciting new stuff going on this month!

Introducing new rewards system----Positive/sticker points (See Cork board by front door for details.) Let’s reward good behavior.

Two Parents night out this month--- (see dates on calendar) Due to growth in the daycare, this month we will offer two different nights of PNO. Each family will be able to sign up for one night out of the two choices. If you would like to sign up for both nights, only one night will be free and there must be availability. Please allow all families to have a chance to sign up for parent’s night out, siblings are also allowed to attend. 5 spots will be offered for each night! We all know that where’s there’s happy parents, there’s happy kids. If you are interested in a second paid night out, inquire within.

Show and Tell--- Help your child to choose a special item that reflects this month’s theme from home. Help them come up with a presentation for all of their friends.

MGT- Don’t forget that all Mother Goose Time Fees are due by October 15th! The fee is $20.00 per month.

Pumpkin carving/painting--- Please bring a small pumpkin that your child can enjoy turning into a jack-o-lantern. Please make sure that it is small so that it will not be too large of a task that it will lose their interest.
Friday October 29,--- we will be having a small Halloween Celebration/ Lunch! It will be for one hour from 12:00-1:00. All are welcome to attend. Please help by providing a healthy spooky treat for all.

Gathering list:
Dirt plants magazines shovel pumpkin seeds
chocolate pudding old rags empty cereal box 1 ziplock bag
potting soil Pretzel sticks sticks from outside
Originally Posted by Sandbox:
I don't know if this helps, but there are some great newsletter sending tools out there. One of the most popular ones is called mailchimp, but if you google search email marketing tools you'll find lots of them.

It has pre built newsletter templates, and sends the email to all of your contacts.
Thank you both! I was having trouble trying to think of a format so I will definitely check out that website. I was also stumped on what info to put in the newsletter... That helped as well!! Thanks again!
Tags:newsletter, newsletter topics
Reply Up