Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Do Kids Do This?
momatheart 05:22 PM 03-29-2011
For example a child says to other children come and get me as in playing a tag type of game. Then when another child does tag that child, that child will accidently trip and fall or the other child tags them too hard and it's automatically a he hit me or she pushed me and they start whinning and comes and tattles.

What is up with a kid like this? I have seen this before with another child too.
SilverSabre25 05:25 PM 03-29-2011
What is up?

Kids being kids. Trying to see how far they can push things. Getting a rise out of others is fun. Seeing if they can get others in trouble is a fun experiment. Why not? Just because. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

What to do?

Call them on it, absolutely. "No, he did not hit you; you started a game of tag and he tagged you. I was watching. Go play."
momatheart 05:34 PM 03-29-2011
That is what I have been doing is calling them out on it. But UGH today it just really got me with this one dcg.
GretasLittleFriends 06:12 AM 03-30-2011
Since YOU are choosing to not play nice right now, I guess that means that YOU don't want to play for a little while.

I swear that was the majority of what I said yesterday. Spring break... 7yr old, 3 ~ 6yr olds (2 in first, one K) and one who just turned 5.

The best behaved was the crabby 11 mo old baby who doesn't feel well. (She's mine so I can't send her home... LOL)
cheerfuldom 06:16 AM 03-30-2011
They all get crabby and selfish. "Its not fun unless I am having fun". I just tell them to go play something else if they aren't having fun with that game. No fussing over their supposed boo-boos or making the other kids adapt to the cry baby.
Tags:tattling, whining
Reply Up