Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sticking to Policies
Second Home 10:52 AM 01-20-2015
In Dec I sent out a letter stating that due to some reg changes I would need to make some policy changes , these would become effective in Jan 2015.
One was that there would be no more outside food or drink allowed , not that hard . I explained why and had each family sign off on the changes .

Last week and yesterday I had a child ( different child each time ) show up with either food or a drink . I took the item from the child as they were taking off the coat and handed it back to the parent .
I did not say 1 word about the food drink I just handed it back and said bye , have a good day .
KSDC 11:02 AM 01-20-2015

daycarediva 11:12 AM 01-20-2015

I probably would mention it though, just so they know YOU are aware that they're trying to violate policies. "Oh no dcb, we can't have this here. No toys from home. Here Mom."
NoMoreJuice! 12:32 PM 01-20-2015
That is great! I'm sure they got the hint without you saying anything, but you can bet it wasn't the last time!

I have the same problem with kids bringing toys from home. I've never allowed toys from home into daycare, but I'm ok with dropping them in the child's cubby when they do smuggle them in. Everyone knows the rules, but I STILL have exasperated parents dragging their four year olds to my door, toy firmly in their little grip. "I just can't get it away from him!" they exclaim with a look of wild terror in their eyes. I quietly put my hand out and the toy is dropped right into my palm with no fuss. The parents stare at me like I have two heads, then shuffle off to work.

Why is it so hard for parents to parent? I also have two four year old girls who will NOT allow their parents to brush their hair. Umm, they are four.
Reply Up