Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh Boy- This is Timing!
lupiegirl81 06:07 AM 08-18-2011
I have been wanting to close my daycare for quite sometime because of stress and burnout, but wanted to wait until I finished school. I've been running my daycare for almost 12 years now and I am ready to join the outside world so to speak.

It's been fairly stressful for the last two years and now that school is back in session I have found myself with a very small and manageable amount of children. The DCK's I have right now are the best bunch I've ever had! I have been sending my resume out to various companies in search of a job within my degree but it was more to find what my options were. I got a call and had an interview and now job offer. I didn't think I would get this so quickly and now here is my dillema:

The job is almost a lateral move, but the hours are fantastic! (8 hour shift vs the 11 1/2 hours I work per day now!). The job is in my field of interest (working with autistic children), and is a wonderful stepping stone to my career goals. The only problem is that the pay would be exactly the same as I am making now.

I feel Horrible though because I have become so attached to the kids I am watching now and one of them will be leaving for good in October because his mommy is pregnant and not going back to work. This means that I will be making even less if I stay with the daycare. I would hate to quit on them with only 6 weeks left for the one DCB but at the same time I don't want to pass up this job opportunity that will be a great asset for my future career goals, not to mention the fantastic hours.

What would you do in this situation? I know that it is my business and my ultimate decision but I really feel stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one!
Tags:career, positive
Up