Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Sooo Exicted!!! Basement Almost Done Now :)
SimpleMom 07:34 AM 02-19-2010
After two and a half YEARS, we finally got a tax break and therefore the finances to finish up the basement. We started that long ago and then things went kaput (sp?) financially. We have had the walls up and painted and then stalled.

So...now we are getting the carpet (going with the commercial) and really pretty vinyl flooring for the kitchen and art area. I decided to stay on the less expensive end because it will inevidibly need to be replaced anyway. The nap room needs some sleepy-time decor, the walls are going to have some polka-dots decor painted on them as well as a bulletin board and pics, child safety mirror (eventually) with a bar to help the little ones stand. Child mats to crawl and climb (eventually). The area will be divided up in stations/play areas.

Yay!!!! Totally made my day Now, I'll have a fun, bright and colorful area for the daycare and an actual family living space. Whoo-hoo! Praise the Lord!
emosks 07:38 AM 02-19-2010
I love having our basement as our daycare area!! Keeps the kids out of "my" space!!
gbcc 07:52 AM 02-19-2010
My next home I purchase will definately have a finished basement. I love doing daycare but I want my home to look like my home and not a daycare!
momma2girls 08:08 AM 02-19-2010
We are refinishing all of our basement as well. We have 2 bedrooms done, and a bathroom, now to the big family room. I love it as well!! I can't wait!! We are going to use are tax money as well!!! I love the basement as the daycare!!!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 08:40 AM 02-19-2010
I am so happy for you!!! we are shopping for houses now with the intent of a dedicated daycare space. Good luck with everything and I would love to see some pics when you are done! It sounds heavenly!
ckarggie 07:44 AM 02-21-2010
We too are in the BEGINNING stages of finishing our basement. With just installation on the walls and so much more to do. I am so excited though!! We are not putting a bathroom in down there though, do any of you have some ideas on how to put a changing area down there? Do you use hand sanitizer or keep the changing area upstairs where there is running water? Any ideas and tips from those of you that use your basement for dc would be appreciated.
momofboys 09:39 AM 02-21-2010
Originally Posted by ckarggie:
We too are in the BEGINNING stages of finishing our basement. With just installation on the walls and so much more to do. I am so excited though!! We are not putting a bathroom in down there though, do any of you have some ideas on how to put a changing area down there? Do you use hand sanitizer or keep the changing area upstairs where there is running water? Any ideas and tips from those of you that use your basement for dc would be appreciated.
You could buy a large upright tub of Wet Ones - the kind that are antibacterial. To me that seems more like washing your hands than using hand gel.

You ladies who have the finished basements are my current envy. Trying to keep my home straightened up with the kids running around is hard. COngrats on your basement getting finished & enjoy!
originalkat 10:57 AM 02-21-2010
Congrats! That is so exciting. We only have a small utilitarian basement so i am sure it will be wonderful for you to have this space for your business! Post pictures or a link to some when you are done if you can!
SimpleMom 07:37 AM 02-22-2010
Thank you everyone! I will post as soon as it gets done.

I just finished polishing up the basement stairway. I painted some circles on the walls in primary colors, one wall is white and I hung up the parent board on that along with my daycare name. We've almost got the carpet all picked out. Just waiting on the tax returns...
originalkat 08:10 AM 02-22-2010
Little Sunshine--What did you decide on for your business name?
Tags:basement, refinishing, remodel
Reply Up