Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CPR/First Aid
SquirrellyMama 12:41 PM 03-04-2013
I need to renew my CPR/First Aid/Blood Born Pathogen cert so I'm signed up next week for a class. Two days and both are 4 hours long It is a 2 year certification so that isn't so bad.

I'm looking forward to it.

K
Blackcat31 01:16 PM 03-04-2013
Don't feel too bad, the CPR refresher course here is 4 hours long but the first aid course is an 8 hour class.
ABCDaycareMN 01:23 PM 03-04-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Don't feel too bad, the CPR refresher course here is 4 hours long but the first aid course is an 8 hour class.
I must have gotten lucky when i got mine done last fall. It was suppose to be a 6 hour class for both and it only ended you being 4 hours. That was for cpr/first aid.
SquirrellyMama 01:23 PM 03-04-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Wow! When I was a registered daycare several years ago my CPR/First Aid course was 2 hours. Or maybe it was 2 hours each. Anyway, I'm taking this directly from the Red Cross office this time instead of the CCR office.

K
MyAngels 01:43 PM 03-04-2013
I did mine online through the AHA last time & just did the skills test with the instructor (took about 15 minutes). I find that to be the easiest since I've taken it so many times I could probably do it blindfolded.
melilley 06:17 PM 03-04-2013
We have to do cpr every year here! I did a refresher through the Red Cross and it was only about 1 1/2 hours long. Our first aid lasts 3 years.
KDC 07:28 PM 03-04-2013
I did mine last weekend, I did mine through American Red Cross - the blended course... Did the pre work online and just the physical test in a class... Took 1-1/2 hrs only. Great refresher... Did the pediatric CPR/AED & first aid.
SquirrellyMama 04:52 AM 03-05-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
We have to do cpr every year here! I did a refresher through the Red Cross and it was only about 1 1/2 hours long. Our first aid lasts 3 years.
When I took it from 2003-2007 I had to take it every year but it was only a 2 hour course. I was assuming since it is a longer course I get more time out of my cert.

K
Reply Up