Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help with Wording
WoodOx 02:36 PM 04-23-2015
I need help wording that parents pay regardless if their child attends daycare based on the days they selected to bring them.

I need to add it to my Parent handbook
Thriftylady 02:43 PM 04-23-2015
You are paying for a slot, that I cannot fill with another child. Therefore, rates are due regardless of attendance.

That is what is in mine. My new DCM made a face at me last week over it in the interview. We have to protect our income also.
WoodOx 02:48 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
You are paying for a slot, that I cannot fill with another child. Therefore, rates are due regardless of attendance.

That is what is in mine. My new DCM made a face at me last week over it in the interview. We have to protect our income also.
That is just Perfect!! Thank you very much!
Unregistered 02:53 PM 04-23-2015
Just to add to previous post.

No substitutions, payment doesn't change regardless of attendance.
daycare 02:58 PM 04-23-2015
Payment due: There is no credit given for holidays or days absent due to illness, vacation, or otherwise. All payments will be paid on Friday, one week in advance for the first two weeks during your trial period. All checks will be deposited when received. Checks will not be held for any reason. Should the daycare be closed on a payment due date, the payment will be due the day before.
Thriftylady 03:01 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
Payment due: There is no credit given for holidays or days absent due to illness, vacation, or otherwise. All payments will be paid on Friday, one week in advance for the first two weeks during your trial period. All checks will be deposited when received. Checks will not be held for any reason. Should the daycare be closed on a payment due date, the payment will be due the day before.
Wow and my people make faces at me in an interview! Do you get any faces or comments?
daycare 03:06 PM 04-23-2015
Wow and my people make faces at me in an interview! Do you get any faces or comments?
Nope never once. But I expalin it like this.

DC payments are very similar to renting a house. No matter how many days you stay in your house the full rent is due on the first of every month in advance. Doesn't matter if you go on vacation for three weeks, full rent is still due.

So the paper contract is all formality. No one has ever questioned me.
Thriftylady 03:09 PM 04-23-2015
I get the dirty looks before I get a chance to explain LOL. I think to many people are willing to do it by the day here. But I can't fill slots by the day and make money.
WoodOx 03:15 PM 04-23-2015
Wow! This is very good, and I like how you explain it to potential clients. I need to start doing it like that.
Blackcat31 03:15 PM 04-23-2015
My handbook simply states

"Rates are based on enrollment not on attendance. Rates are due 50 weeks of the year."

Easy to understand and not open to negotiation.

...or misinterpretation.
Thriftylady 03:17 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My handbook simply states

"Rates are based on enrollment not on attendance. Rates are due 50 weeks of the year."

Easy to understand and not open to negotiation.

...or misinterpretation.
Oh of course yours is way better than mine LOL.
Meeko 08:58 PM 04-23-2015
Nope never once. But I expalin it like this.

DC payments are very similar to renting a house. No matter how many days you stay in your house the full rent is due on the first of every month in advance. Doesn't matter if you go on vacation for three weeks, full rent is still due.

So the paper contract is all formality. No one has ever questioned me.
I use this exact example too and they all seem to get it.

The landlord doesn't get half the rent just because you won't actually be IN the house for two weeks. Unless you want to be evicted and a new family in your place...you have to pay what's due.

Same for daycare.
Blackcat31 06:57 AM 04-24-2015
Oh of course yours is way better than mine LOL.
I am cursed and blessed with bluntness.

Plus I got tired of having to explain the rent analogy all the time.

For whatever reason too many people still didn't get it......

I figured they either didn't pay rent themselves (government assistance programs etc) or they still lived at home.
Thriftylady 08:53 AM 04-24-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am cursed and blessed with bluntness.

Plus I got tired of having to explain the rent analogy all the time.

For whatever reason too many people still didn't get it......

I figured they either didn't pay rent themselves (government assistance programs etc) or they still lived at home.
I am cursed with bluntness, but usually it comes out rude and nasty so I have to think hard before I speak. I don't mean to be nasty, I guess my personality makes it sound that way I dunno. I am a really nice person, I just can't seem to be blunt and be nice.
Reply Up