Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What should I charge?
Dsquared 10:27 AM 04-27-2015
Hi Providers,
I currently have openings in my daycare which I need to fill asap because in June I will lose 3 clients I got a call today from a lady who has twin babies. She is very flexible since she works from home but would need care 3 days a week from around 8:00-4:15. My full time rate from 8-5 is $225 per week per child. She told me one lady quoted her $240 for 3 days a week which I think is low. What do you ladies think I should quote her? Thank you in advance!
Shell 10:45 AM 04-27-2015
Based on your rates, $270 is what you "should" charge, if I did the math right quickly here.

I do discount if a child is picked up early- I love 4:00 pick up, so I would come in around $250.
Leigh 11:07 AM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by Dsquared:
Hi Providers,
I currently have openings in my daycare which I need to fill asap because in June I will lose 3 clients I got a call today from a lady who has twin babies. She is very flexible since she works from home but would need care 3 days a week from around 8:00-4:15. My full time rate from 8-5 is $225 per week per child. She told me one lady quoted her $240 for 3 days a week which I think is low. What do you ladies think I should quote her? Thank you in advance!
I would charge my weekly rate x 2. No way could I afford to give away 2 spots for the price of one.

If you REALLY want her kids, you need to decide how much you are willing to lose for the next 4-5 years. I wouldn't do it unless they were willing to pay the full value of my spots that they would be using.
Crazy8 12:04 PM 04-27-2015
can you fill the days around her? do you want part time enrollment? These are the questions I'd need to ask myself first. If your full time rate comes to $45/day generally part time would be MORE per day, so maybe $50/day? I also like the earlier pick up time so I'd be willing to discount for that (maybe back down to $45/day?) but I don't discount for siblings - a spot is a spot in my book, you want 2 spots you need to pay my rate x2.
Blackcat31 12:12 PM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by Dsquared:
Hi Providers,
Infant care (under 24 months) here is VERY scare.

Most places charge one flat weekly rate regardless of attendance and that's IF they even enroll infants as many do not. I only accept infants under age 12 months if they are siblings to currently enrolled full time families.

I would make sure you consider whether or not she will keep both children if one is sick or if both will always attend/be absent simultaneously.

Also consider whether or not the 3 days she needs will be the same 3 days each week or if those 3 days will vary from time to time if she has something she needs to do without her kids.
Reply Up