Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Show Tours
NillaWafers 05:03 PM 04-15-2015
I wish I could charge for tours because I have had two no-shows in the past two days! I don't have any kids in care right now as I'm new, but holy heck I did not anticipate the amount of flakes I'm experiencing right now.

One even called after she was an hour late and said she'd be 20 minutes, and then didn't show up. No purpose to this. Just a vent.
Baby Beluga 05:06 PM 04-15-2015
I hate that! When I am talking to a potential client, I schedule the interview and give the client my nearest cross streets. I then ask them to call the morning of their interview to both confirm they are still coming and to get my exact address. Since I have been doing this I have not had one no call/no show.

I however cannot take credit for that idea - someone on here had it first
daycare 06:37 PM 04-15-2015
I dont charge for the tours, but i do charge an enrollment fee to cover the cost of my time.

also don' forget that you can add tours to increase your time space %. Be sure to keep good track of the time you spend out side of daycare hours conducting daycare business.
LysesKids 04:01 AM 04-16-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I hate that! When I am talking to a potential client, I schedule the interview and give the client my nearest cross streets. I then ask them to call the morning of their interview to both confirm they are still coming and to get my exact address. Since I have been doing this I have not had one no call/no show.

I however cannot take credit for that idea - someone on here had it first
That would be me... I figure if they haven't called at least 3 hrs prior to interview time then they aren't serious about showing; it saves me from doing that last minute rush cleaning and it keeps my actual address from being given out to every Joe Shmo.

I also refuse to set interviews on Mondays or Fridays or weekends... Monday is crazy start to the week, Friday... yeah, my 60 hours is over, it's my time. I might need families to fill this last spot, but I need to keep my sanity too.
scorp122 04:17 AM 04-16-2015
Because I have had this happen too, I now only do them during daycare hours, that way i am not sitting around waiting, and they get to see me in action right away. If they call to reschedule after they do not show up, at least I know that they are not a right fit at my daycare, and i tell them that. Can't stand it when people say they are going to do something and then they don't.
Gemma 04:59 AM 04-16-2015
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
I wish I could charge for tours because I have had two no-shows in the past two days! I don't have any kids in care right now as I'm new, but holy heck I did not anticipate the amount of flakes I'm experiencing right now.

One even called after she was an hour late and said she'd be 20 minutes, and then didn't show up. No purpose to this. Just a vent.
It is frustrating when people don't show to appointments, especially if they don't even bother to cancel, but , if this is how they are, you don't want them anyway!

When I set up an appointment for a tour, I warn parents that I wont reschedule a no call, no show.
Blackcat31 07:03 AM 04-16-2015
Originally Posted by Gemma:
It is frustrating when people don't show to appointments, especially if they don't even bother to cancel, but , if this is how they are, you don't want them anyway!

When I set up an appointment for a tour, I warn parents that I wont reschedule a no call, no show.
This is so true. Be grateful they showed you their true colors BEFORE you invested in them as clients.

I require scheduled interview/tour families to call me within 90 minutes of their scheduled time so I can verify the time of our appointment and to verify with them directions to my place.

If they do not call, the appointment is cancelled....even if they show up. Following instructions for enrollment is not a suggestion but a part of how I screen applicants to see if they are a good fit or not. Not calling when I require it, is a red flag.

Being late is another as is no showing.

I wouldn't reschedule and I surely wouldn't enroll if they can't get the process BEFORE beginning right.
Meeko 07:40 AM 04-16-2015
I have them call to confirm too. No call....no interview.

I also give them a tight window. I found that if I said "6PM appointment"....many figured that 6:15 was OK and that they could then stay for 2 hours
I tell them that I have multiple interviews (even if I don't) and that they are scheduled 6-6:30 and I have another appointment at 6:30. So they need to be on time. It has helped a lot to let them know they have a start AND leave time....and gets the message across that I am busy, my time is important and that they are not my only choice for clients.
daycare 10:13 AM 04-16-2015
forgot to mention this too. i also require phone contact prior to the appointment.

i send them an email the day before telling them that i will call the next day with full directions and confirm out appt.

If they don't talk to me, then I don't hold the appt.

AND unless they call with a good reason, I don't make second appointments.
Sugar Magnolia 10:33 AM 04-16-2015
I have a sign I hang on my door. "Your tour was scheduled for 5:30. We waited until 540. Our time is valuable. You will not be rescheduled"
I had a tour once who actually called the next day wanting to reschedule. Did you read the sign? Yes? No reschedules for no show, no call. But whyyyyyyyy I really need care right away......too bad, so sad.
daycare 10:48 AM 04-16-2015
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I have a sign I hang on my door. "Your tour was scheduled for 5:30. We waited until 540. Our time is valuable. You will not be rescheduled"
I had a tour once who actually called the next day wanting to reschedule. Did you read the sign? Yes? No reschedules for no show, no call. But whyyyyyyyy I really need care right away......too bad, so sad.
i love you...this is so freaking funny.....I love how people think that things don't apply to them
Unregistered 08:20 PM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This is so true. Be grateful they showed you their true colors BEFORE you invested in them as clients.

I require scheduled interview/tour families to call me within 90 minutes of their scheduled time so I can verify the time of our appointment and to verify with them directions to my place.

If they do not call, the appointment is cancelled....even if they show up. Following instructions for enrollment is not a suggestion but a part of how I screen applicants to see if they are a good fit or not. Not calling when I require it, is a red flag.

Being late is another as is no showing.

I wouldn't reschedule and I surely wouldn't enroll if they can't get the process BEFORE beginning right.
Cute Kitty pic
permanentvacation 08:25 PM 04-21-2015
Yep. It's very common in my area to have no shows. They don't even bother to call and cancel. So we sit here, paperwork at the ready, put in extra time to straighten up, canceled our evening/weekend plans, skipped dinner, etc. and the people who we scheduled an interview with don't bother to show up or call to cancel! Many of us complain about that in my area.
childcaremom 02:06 AM 04-22-2015

I am stealing this sign idea. Love it!

I have a personal rule that later than 15 minutes and you don't get the spot. If you no show, forget about it.

I don't often have no shows but I do check the time that everyone arrives. Few minutes early = excellent. Right on time = genius at planning. Late < 15 mins = strike 1 and I'm watching you like a hawk during this interview for any other red flags. Late > 15 mins = forget about it. No show = forget about it.
LysesKids 02:53 AM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I am stealing this sign idea. Love it!

I have a personal rule that later than 15 minutes and you don't get the spot. If you no show, forget about it.

I don't often have no shows but I do check the time that everyone arrives. Few minutes early = excellent. Right on time = genius at planning. Late < 15 mins = strike 1 and I'm watching you like a hawk during this interview for any other red flags. Late > 15 mins = forget about it. No show = forget about it.

DaveA 04:35 AM 04-22-2015
NICE! The good news is that an interview who no calls/ no shows probably would not have understood that you don't work for them. So nice to dodge that bullet right off the bat.
Thriftylady 10:23 AM 04-22-2015
It happens to me all the time,or they want to reschedule 50 times. I have had to start putting my foot down.
Country Kids 10:48 AM 04-22-2015
I had an interview last week, was to start children on Monday. Guess who still hasn't shown up!

I feel I dodge a big bullet there.
AmyKidsCo 12:19 PM 04-22-2015
That's SO frustrating! Look on the bright side - if you're like me your house is nice and clean, and you've got paperwork ready to go for the next tour.
Controlled Chaos 05:07 PM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
That's SO frustrating! Look on the bright side - if you're like me your house is nice and clean, and you've got paperwork ready to go for the next tour.

Reply Up