Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Talk to DCM or Handle It Myself
mamamanda 03:41 PM 04-21-2015
If you have a dck with recurring behavior issues, how long do you just try to handle it as a daycare thing before mentioning it to the parent? I have a 4 y.o. dcb who is giving me a real struggle. I've posted about him a couple times, but I honestly don't know what to do with him. I don't like labeling children, but he just seems mean. We have been working on boundary issues a lot and he is doing better, but still not good. He likes to wrestle and roll around on everyone. I'm more concerned about his attitude though. He always has to win, often tears others down, tells ds he isn't funny probably 10 times a day, most commonly used phrases are "don't look at me," and "I'm not going to play with you." I talked to mom last week b/c of name calling and he hasn't used "stupid" since, but he still uses "poopy head" a lot. He spends most of the day with his arms crossed and a scowl across his face. I just don't know whether I should mention this to mom or just treat it as a daycare issue and deal with it on my own. Thanks for the tips!
Rockgirl 04:43 PM 04-21-2015
I'd mention it. If it ends up that you decide to term eventually, you don't want dcm to be caught off guard, thinking all has been well this whole time.

I don't tell parents every little thing their child does, but if there's something major we are struggling with, I keep them informed.
Reply Up