Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gtube
daniellesweety1 01:09 PM 04-23-2015
Hi all,
Does anyone know if you have to have a special requirement to accept children with a gtube? Also, is this something that requires alot from a provider? I'm not familiar with it at all but I just had a parent send me message from CL inquiring about me accepting children with it. I want to be sure that its something that doesn't require more from licensing as well more from me (like taking away from other children to tend to one child all day type thing).

Any infö will help.
Controlled Chaos 02:06 PM 04-23-2015
A gtube feeding is as time consuming and complicated as feeding an infant a bottle. It takes a little time to train on it and be comfortable. I would take a child with a gtube. BUT I would ask lots of questions regarding other health complications or developmental delays the child might have. Get the whole picture.
daniellesweety1 02:14 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
A gtube feeding is as time consuming and complicated as feeding an infant a bottle. It takes a little time to train on it and be comfortable. I would take a child with a gtube. BUT I would ask lots of questions regarding other health complications or developmental delays the child might have. Get the whole picture.
Yes that's what I'm thinking too. The child is one years old, but I know the type of person I am, I'm very active and I'm afraid of taking on something that might pose as a problem in the future for me. IF you get what I mean lol.
284878 06:05 AM 04-25-2015
I hav seen done with a funnel / serygen where they held until the funnel was empty and took no time at all. (done with mobile child)
Then there is the pump where you hook the pump up to a bag and it would take over an hour to empty the bag. Checking the child repeatly to make sure the pump was working, child did not disconnect tube or remove gtube. This family kept part of the tube connected and lo would pull the whole thing out then I would have to call mom to Pickup lo to take her to get it put back in.
Tags:gtube
Reply Up