Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crock Pots
dingledine 11:09 AM 10-15-2013
Here in WA state, there is a WAC regulation that requires a crock pot to be secured in a way that it cannot be knocked off of the counter.

How would one secure a crock pot. I just imagine a big belt around it or something, and feel completely clueless. My only thoughts are that I can put my crock pot in an unlicensed part of the house, but that would mean that I couldn't visit it during the day, as I don't go to the unlicensed part of my home during daycare hours. Over half of my home is unlicensed.

Thoughts on how to secure a crock pot?
spinnymarie 11:13 AM 10-15-2013
LOL.
Maybe you should ask your licensing agent
I have no idea. And it's not like you could put it on the ground!
MamaBearCanada 11:30 AM 10-15-2013
Odd request!

Maybe screw two handles into wall studs either side of where you use the crock pot. Use a bungee cord to 'restrain' the crock pot.

I always push mine to the back of the counter and there is no way it could get knocked off. I could see the risk on an island maybe.
butterfly 12:36 PM 10-15-2013
Can you gate off the area where the crock pot sits? Would this be enough of a precaution to statify licensing? I would certainly call to get more information.
dingledine 12:49 PM 10-15-2013
I'm double checking to see where I read this request. Maybe I was accidentally reading it from a WAC for a center, not home. No, gating off that area won't work. I've decided I'm doing "more " than I need to in several areas, so maybe I'll get lucky and not find it in the family WAC. Ugh.
dingledine 01:03 PM 10-15-2013
Forget this question. I can't find it in the family WAC at all. Looks like I am hopefully free to use the crockpot. This could make lunches and dinners around here SO MUCH EASIER! To think for the past 14mo I could have been using it... likely! YAY!
Scout 05:26 PM 10-15-2013
My crock pot is used probably 5 nights a week now for our dinner! Best thing ever!
Tags:crock pot, regulations, regulations - crazy
Reply Up