Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Croup?
Provider_Manda 05:10 AM 09-26-2012
Do you keep kids if your child has been diagnosed with Croup ? My son woke up this morning at 4 am not able to breath..Thank God for the breathing machine. He has had croup before and 2 dck has had it last/this week and pnemonia (sp) So I am waiting to get him into the dr. but I know what it sounds like and I know that it is contaigious. What do you do?

I have dcp who seems a little upset, bc she didn't come Moday due to both her kids sick with croup...Now I have to deal with it with my own son..he is the reason I do this so I can stay home, and he comes first !!

I am just upset and tired and don't know what to do..any advice please !
momofsix 06:15 AM 09-26-2012
I'd probably close for the day especially if some of your dc kids are our sick already and you plan on bringing your child in to the dr. today.
If I misunderstood and the sick kids are better already and back then I'd just stay open-they already had it. Just close if you need to to bring your child to the dr.
LittleCrawfishCC 07:15 AM 09-26-2012
My daughter had croup a couple of weeks ago, and I had to take her to the ER, I closed for the day and ended up In the doctors office all day. I opened the next day and told the parents to bring the kids at their own risk, and if they got sick, they would not be allowed back till it cleared
Blackcat31 07:19 AM 09-26-2012
Parent sheet:http://www.hennepin.us/files/Hennepi...p%20parent.pdf

Provider technical fact sheet: http://www.hennepin.us/files/Hennepi...50_s6CROUP.pdf

Hope these sheets help. They are great about explaining exclusion needs as well as cleaning requirements, symptoms list and contagious periods.
Provider_Manda 03:25 PM 09-26-2012
Well we got him in, my backup stayed here while I took him. Doctor confirmed that he does have croup and is contaigious. I had the kids leave early and I am closing down tomorrow. I feel as if we are just passing this germ back and forth and my poor son needs to rest.

I had a few not happy saying they can't miss work..but I had to inform them that I can't afford to miss work either. I hate to be like that. But tomorrow will consit of lots of deep cleaning and cuddling my sick baby boy.

Blackcat~Thanks for those links !
Tags:croup
Reply Up