Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How do I Handle This Without Sounding B*tchy
tymaboy 08:23 AM 10-09-2009
handle this or what do I say without sounding b*tchy.

I have this 1 family that the mom told (about a month ago) me they separated. She drops off he picks up. I have already had to address the fact that he has been late several times (averages 1 a week) He has been picking DCG up since Aug. Twice he has come in needing to use my bath room. the 1st time he took forever so the 2nd time DS was home & I sent him upstairs to make sure he wasnt snooping - he just takes forever in the bathroom. My big concern is that there have been a couple times when he arrives & DCG is sleeping & I need to go get her. When I come back he is walking back into the entry way from the kitchen. Why is he walking around my house - none of my other parents do this. If he walked into my living room I would be fine with that since that is my daycare area. DCD is differant/odd (even my DS mentioned it) He is one of those people that I do not feel comfortable with talking too or being with for an extended time. I will most likely say something to DCM & have her talk to him for me but I feel bad cuz I know they are trying to work it out also & I feel like my issues with him maybe slowing their process. How do I go about bringing it up & what should I say? Most of my comunication concerning the daycare is threw email but it is addressed to all the families - days off, illness policy reminders web site updates type of emails or an update on how their child is doing that day (those are addressed just to the childs parent) My other DCPs are great no problems so having to address a problem like this I do not know how to go about it. Please help!
GretasLittleFriends 08:45 AM 10-09-2009
I'm not one that's great for giving confrontational advice... The only suggestion I have for you is if you know when the dad is expected to show up, perhaps wake the girl up 5 or 10 mins prior and have her ready and waiting, that way you can just put her shoes on her and send her out the door. That'll help cut down too much time with the creepy guy.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:01 AM 10-09-2009
I would lock the door, get her and take her to him at the door.

If I caught someone in my non daycare part of the house I would ask him if I could help him find something? I would definately be confrontational about it. With HIM. Not her. That should eliminate any issues between them. I would say,.. I really dont feel comfortable with you going through my home. I would appreciate it if you would wait here, and show him where, for me to get her. If your not wanting to out and out confront him just say, hey can you wait here while I go get her? I know where the squeeks in the floor are and I can avoid them without waking the kids. Or,.. tell him that you dont feel comfortable with him coming through the house with your husband not home. You know how he would feel if his wife had daycare kids and all the dads followed them through the house.
As far as the bathroom,.. amazingly,.. ours is always being used ---Oh sorry my daughter is in there,.. sorry. ---when someone asks. hint hint hint.
tymaboy 09:05 AM 10-09-2009
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
I'm not one that's great for giving confrontational advice... The only suggestion I have for you is if you know when the dad is expected to show up, perhaps wake the girl up 5 or 10 mins prior and have her ready and waiting, that way you can just put her shoes on her and send her out the door. That'll help cut down too much time with the creepy guy.
Thats just it I may have a time when he is supposed to pick up but that was one of the issues I had to address with him 2 weeks ago. He averages 1 day a week that he is late, last week he called to let me know this week he arranged for DCM to pick up when she got off work. I also allow a 15 minute grace period which he is known for taking advantage of also. This DCG is a screamer when she is tired (& hungry) So if I wake her up before she is ready her screaming will wake the rest of the kids.
Chickenhauler 11:51 PM 10-10-2009
Don't be afraid of coming off "Bitchy".

Name me one business where the customers are allowed to wander freely and unattended through the inner workings and "behind the counter" areas.

'Nuff said.

About the bathroom thing-teach him a lesson. Clear off a shelf in the medicine cabinet and place random, wierd, unrelated non-bathroom items on it. For example, put a large tub of Crisco, a belt sander, and a Zorro mask in there. That'll confuse the hell out of him.

That way, if he uses your bathroom and comes out looking confused and scared, you know he's been snooping.

This is also a great party gag-be it your house, or someone else's house, although the loss of a good belt sander is always a tragedy.

Or, just tape a note to the inside of the door that says "Santa Claus is watching you!"
seashell 04:24 AM 10-14-2009
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:
Don't be afraid of coming off "Bitchy".

Name me one business where the customers are allowed to wander freely and unattended through the inner workings and "behind the counter" areas.

'Nuff said.

About the bathroom thing-teach him a lesson. Clear off a shelf in the medicine cabinet and place random, wierd, unrelated non-bathroom items on it. For example, put a large tub of Crisco, a belt sander, and a Zorro mask in there. That'll confuse the hell out of him.

That way, if he uses your bathroom and comes out looking confused and scared, you know he's been snooping.

This is also a great party gag-be it your house, or someone else's house, although the loss of a good belt sander is always a tragedy.

Or, just tape a note to the inside of the door that says "Santa Claus is watching you!"

A belt sander! LOL! You must have some seriously caloused feet!

How about just sticking up some post it notes that say" Private area, stop being nosey!" He'll know that you know and you wont have to say anything.
Chickenhauler 11:26 PM 10-17-2009
Originally Posted by seashell:
A belt sander! LOL! You must have some seriously caloused feet!

How about just sticking up some post it notes that say" Private area, stop being nosey!" He'll know that you know and you wont have to say anything.
Or one that says "Smile, you're on candid camera!"
Tags:dcd, dcg, monitor, nosey, private
Reply Up