Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daily Routine for 2 Year Olds?
Abigail 01:44 PM 09-22-2012
I'm trying to come up with a good morning routine for my 2-almost 3 year olds. I'm going to be participating in an enhancement program soon where someone comes in to watch me half the day too and want to start something now that is more structured.

Arrival until 8 just free play until everyone is here and for a few minutes after they're here.

Breakfast about 8:15-8:40

Then it's usually free play for an hour or least half hour which this is the time kids want more structure since it's morning. Then we're either go outside if it's warm enough or else we'll sit down for a craft.

10 am snack then outside if we didn't get outside yet or else free play or craft.

See my issue is not having a set time for crafts (which we kind of do a curriculum, but I hate it so it's pretty much just a craft a few days a week). We usually go outside around 9:30 or 10 am when my helper comes to work so if someone has to go potty one of us can go inside with the child instead of bringing everyone inside.

I want to add music and circle time and "preschool time" but I can't do preschool time until my helper comes at 10 since I don't take the 1 year old in to do crafts they just play in the other room and I check often on that child. I don't know what to do.
Tags:daily routine, toddlers, two year olds routine
Up