Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Special Collections
MrsB 11:33 AM 03-16-2012
Okay so after hearing and seeing Nannyde's IMPRESSIVE lincoln log collection, I was so interested. By the way Nan I am a huge "garage saler" if I come upon any unusual/large lincoln log pieces, I'll let ya know!

What are your special collections that you are always out looking to add too?

A few of mine are..
carebears - Some of them are from when I was a girl, but over the years I have added to them. My DCKs absolutely love them and when we talk about how they used to be mine and how to take good care of them the kids to really well. They are in the special closet though. They go through each one and ask me what the name is and I tell them what each one is about. I have a few carebear movies, but they are not nearly as interested in that.

I take pride in my book collection. I have alot of old classics. I have almost all of the bereinstein bear collection, winkin blinken and nod, i have alot of the Little Bear books. Alot of them I got from my grandma when I was a kid. They have her little messages to me in the front with the year.
Blackcat31 11:42 AM 03-16-2012
Cool thread Mrs B! Maybe we can all help each other out if we know where to find pieces for someone's extensive collections!

I have huge collections of:

Super-Sized Waffle Blocks
Little People (Fisher Price and Little Tike)
Peek-a-Boo blocks
My Little Ponies
Wooden Blocks (the colorful ones)
Fisher Price Loving Family Dollhouse people/furniture
BIG duplo blocks
Wooden Cars/Road Signs
Tupperware Stencil/Rubbing plates
Rescue Heros Action Figures

I have lots more toys/books and things and am always looking for stuff but I collect those things as if I am a crack addict and can't get enough of them.
Reply Up