Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Finally Licensed!
Zoe 01:48 PM 02-07-2011
Whoo hoo!!!!!

I just got the call that I can take in kids tomorrow!!!

I applied for a license in a different county a year ago, then we unexpectedly moved last August, delaying the whole process. It was to a much nicer house in my home town, so it was well worth it. I applied for my current license in September and the licensor only just last week was able to come to my home due to her medical leave with no substitute, thus a pile of work for her. I've been waiting for this for so long and the day has FINALLY come!

Bring on the kiddos!
Blackcat31 01:50 PM 02-07-2011
congrats to you!!!!!! Good luck!!!!
Little People 01:50 PM 02-07-2011
Way to go!! Hope you get lots of kiddo's!!
DCMomOf3 01:54 PM 02-07-2011
Congratulations!!!!
Michael 04:55 PM 02-07-2011
Congratulations
kendallina 05:15 PM 02-07-2011
Yay!! Congrats!
ninosqueridos 05:50 PM 02-07-2011
congratulations!!
Abigail 07:46 PM 02-07-2011
Do you have anyone enrolled yet or were you waiting to be licensed first? I can't wait to be where you are at, I don't have a house yet
Zoe 05:37 AM 02-08-2011
I've been taking care of 2 kids (4 and 2.5) since September since that's all I was allowed. I have a small waiting list going since I keep running into people I used to know growing up and they've been getting my name out there. I intend to put an ad out on craigslist today and when my husband gets paid on Thursday, I'm going to get an ad out in the paper. I also am going to post ads on community boards throughout town.

I know what you mean about the house. We were in an upstairs 2-bedroom townhouse and it was SO CRAMMED! With my son and daughter sharing a room, I knew we were going to have to move soon before they got too old. It's been a terrible time to buy and sell a house around where we used to live, but we lucked out with this house we found.

Despite the living situation though, with some creativity, a small space CAN work!
SandeeAR 06:58 AM 02-08-2011
Congrats!
Tags:new license
Reply Up