Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Craziest Daycare Calls/Interviews
MrsB 12:15 PM 04-12-2012
So I just got a phone call from a dad that said all this without taking a breath, "We are looking for care for our 4.5 year old. My wife and I both work part time from home. But are looking for full time care for a couple months. Do you do potty training? cause we really dont need daycare that much but we got him into _________ Preschool and paid our deposit but they wont take him until he's potty trained."

LOL, Oh boy! Uhhhh sorry dude, I dont offer a potty training service. Weird? Who says that though?
Heidi 12:38 PM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:
So I just got a phone call from a dad that said all this without taking a breath, "We are looking for care for our 4.5 year old. My wife and I both work part time from home. But are looking for full time care for a couple months. Do you do potty training? cause we really dont need daycare that much but we got him into _________ Preschool and paid our deposit but they wont take him until he's potty trained."

LOL, Oh boy! Uhhhh sorry dude, I dont offer a potty training service. Weird? Who says that though?
On the other hand, maybe you have a new niche' market there! Mrs. B's potty training school. Kind of like finishing school...only not!
MrsB 01:59 PM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by bbo:
On the other hand, maybe you have a new niche' market there! Mrs. B's potty training school. Kind of like finishing school...only not!
I know right! That will be $35 per hour thank you very much!
MrsB 02:00 PM 04-12-2012
So what are anybody elses craziest daycare requests/interviews? I need a good laugh today! TGTF! (thank goodness tomorrows friday)
akpayne 06:48 PM 04-12-2012
That is so wierd! I had a guy call me about watching his daughter before and after school. He wanted to know if there would be other kids there! Well, YEAH, I just finished telling you I have two kids of my own and 3 DCK...what part of that was confusing??
Kaddidle Care 04:26 AM 04-13-2012
We had one where the child was enrolled because the mother wanted the child to learn English. Well... we started off as a trial but the child is GREAT and communicates very well - in English! There is a slight crossover as one day she said "Johhny no es sharing!" I just said to her "Oh Johhny is not sharing - well let's go talk to Johnny."

While I was reserved about it in the beginning (we had another child that came and cried for 2 days before we knew he didn't know English at all - thankfully his friend was there who was bilingual but he soon tired of all the translating) but as far as this child, we could use 25 more like this!
MrsB 07:16 AM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by akpayne:
That is so wierd! I had a guy call me about watching his daughter before and after school. He wanted to know if there would be other kids there! Well, YEAH, I just finished telling you I have two kids of my own and 3 DCK...what part of that was confusing??
I think some people are so nervous when they call, that they turn their listening ears off!
MarinaVanessa 07:20 AM 04-13-2012
I remember reading here on the forum once (can't remember who) about how a mom called to ask about whether or not the provider would feed breastmilk to the baby and of course the provider said she would. Then the dcm asked who's milk it was
MrsB 07:24 AM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I remember reading here on the forum once (can't remember who) about how a mom called to ask about whether or not the provider would feed breastmilk to the baby and of course the provider said she would. Then the dcm asked who's milk it was
Hadn't heard that one, hilarious!
momma2girls 02:52 PM 04-13-2012
my weirdest question was "now what do you do with the babies when you fix dinner??" What do you think I do, with them? I told her, some thing you do when you fix supper. I also do tons of other things as well. I fix snacks twice, fix dinner, constantly cleaning up after everyone, constantly changing diapers, feeding babies, the list goes on and on---- DUH!!! I can't believe she even asked that!!
Tags:calls, interviewing
Reply Up