Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Just Can't Win These Days
PitterPatter 07:47 PM 02-24-2012
I put some more flyers out and ran some new ads on CL after DCM was rude enough to not give notice the kids last day would be Friday. Got a call the other day from a potential client needing care for a young child I would normally pass on but I was desperate so I told her I would call her back when the kids quieted down. I called her back and she said she didn't need me she found someone. 5 hours later? ok thanks anyway.

Yesterday she calls back complaining her provider keeps coming up with excuses not to watch her baby and now she wants to try me afterall. We set up an appointment for 6:00 Friday. Then she decides maybe that's not a good time. So I give her the pick of all day Saturday (desperate remember) She chooses 2:00 pm. She went on to say the other provider kept making excuses. I asked her if thats why she was leaving. She they had never met yet she was just the 1st person that set up a meeting so she thought she would be her provider that's why she didn't need me. But now she does...OK great see you Saturday at 2:00. We end the call

Today at pick up for DCMs "last day" I tell the kids goodbye sorry this is the last day. DCM says "Oh they will be back on Monday" WTF??? I said WHAT? She proceeded to tell me she was given another week of her school program. She wasn't even going to tell me that either!! What if I had filled the spots?? Who does she think she is. Who does she think I am her slave? I calmed down and said ok then next week you are done right? She tells me no then she goes to a work program. I snapped at her and told her after what she put me through the other day pulling the kids with no notice now they are staying with no notice??? She said srry bout that I don't think to tell you things" I was so mad I wanted to tell her I had filled her spots already and she couldnt stay but I don't know if the new client would work out so I kept my mouth shut swallowed my pride and said see ya Monday.

Tonight I come home at 10:00 to find a message on the machine from the new potential client again2:00 wont work she needs it sooner. She will call me back in the morning to see when they can come. ALREADY drama! I am afraid to even take this client now because that's how the idiot DCM started hounding my machine every 15 minutes until I called her back.

So now what do I do. I tell ya I am so stressed and confused these days I don't know who is worse who to keep who to let go or avoid. I feel like I am on an emotional roller coaster!

What would you do?
saved4always 07:59 PM 02-24-2012
Wow, the potential client sounds as bad as you current dcm. I personally would probably cancel the interview and hold out for a good family if that is possible for you.

Your current dcm would drive me crazy. I cannot stand when parents do not keep me in the loop on changes. I would want to tell her to get lost. If you can stand her for the next week though, provided that you know she will pay you, I guess you can wait and see what happens with whatever scheme she has going to get her daycare paid for.
nannyde 05:07 AM 02-25-2012
Now did I call this or did I not?

Get the certificate showing she's covered ASAP and find out what "work program" and talk to the worker. Do that Monday. You need to make sure she's not running game and trying to eek out a couple of weeks more where she doesn't actually have funding.
Heidi 05:16 AM 02-25-2012
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Get the certificate showing she's covered ASAP and find out what "work program" and talk to the worker. Do that Monday. You need to make sure she's not running game and trying to eek out a couple of weeks more where she doesn't actually have funding.
EXACTLY!!!! NAN called it...wouldn't be the first time, either!

Make sure YOU have an authorization. You KNOW she will screw you out of whatever she can!
countrymom 12:12 PM 02-25-2012
Originally Posted by nannyde:

I was just going to say, "you better read nans post on the other thread you made" omg thats so funny. If I were you I would NOT take the other client because thats too much drama and she hasn't started yet. And would give this one walking papers, hold onto her and start to fill her spot then give her last minute notice.
PitterPatter 12:55 PM 02-25-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I was just going to say, "you better read nans post on the other thread you made" omg thats so funny. If I were you I would NOT take the other client because thats too much drama and she hasn't started yet. And would give this one walking papers, hold onto her and start to fill her spot then give her last minute notice.

I tried to be nice I called her back and asked what time she would like to reschedule again and she debated it with her b/f for a few minutes then said they will just keep it at 2. I did some searching on FB and found out it is probably just fishing by way of my newer clients old provider! She is related to her. I'm getting really tired of people playing mind games with me. So I called and told her the spot had been filled and wished her luck in her search.

Moving on and keeping ads up to fill the spots. All I know is God help current DCM if she tells me next week that's the kids last day. The good Lord better keep his arm over my shoulder and his hand over my mouth!

Thanks ladies, have a great day. Going to go enjoy the rest of my Saturday!
Tags:bad day, bad economy
Reply Up