Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maternity Leave Payment ...
DaycareMom 04:51 AM 06-19-2012
Hi!

I posted yesterday about what to charge pregnant DCM while she was on maternity leave.

I talked with her about it this morning. I will be charging her 1/2 price for the duration of her leave for both current DCG and new baby to hold their spots.

I can not afford to not be paid so I thought this was the most fair way to do it.

What do you think?
cheerfuldom 05:57 AM 06-19-2012
What did she say?

If this is what you have to do, I totally support your decision!
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by DaycareMom:
Hi!

I posted yesterday about what to charge pregnant DCM while she was on maternity leave.

I talked with her about it this morning. I will be charging her 1/2 price for the duration of her leave for both current DCG and new baby to hold their spots.

I can not afford to not be paid so I thought this was the most fair way to do it.

What do you think?
When I have a DCM on maternity leave I charge regular rates for the older child and half rate for the infant until the infant actually starts attending.

I fully understand that the parent might choose to keep the older one home but I am a business and can't afford to not be paid when others have a baby. In this business.....I would be broke if I gave discounts or held spaces....since our whole business is revolved around children.

I think you were VERY fair in the arrangement you came up with.
Reply Up