Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Follow Me If You Can!
Meeko 08:49 AM 07-27-2011
This is gonna be long....sorry ladies.....

"Sue" has relationship with #1 and had a son.
#1 goes to prison
Sue has relationship with #2 and has two more sons.
Sue brings the three boys to my day care.
Sue and #2 have a rocky relationship and she has affair with #3.
Sue gets pregnant. It's #3's.
Sue and #2 split up and #3 moves into her house. They have a boy.
#3 is in trouble with the law constantly...drugs, dui etc. Is a waste of space and reminds me of the Sean Penn character from Fast Times at Ridgemont High...)
The three boys volunteer that mommy won't ever marry #3 because he won't be a good father and husband (she actually told them that!)
Sue gets pregnant again with #3's baby They have a girl.
All five children are at my day care.

Then...just to complicate things.....#2 gets his new girlfriend pregnant and they bring their little guy here too!!! Talk about revolving partners!!!

Are you with me so far?!!!

#3 has a daughter from a previous relationship. The mother is a drug addict and is in and out of rehab, no job etc. So dad is the better parent at this point
Daughter comes to live with dad and "Sue" and attends my day care.

She is 12 years old and the sweetest kid. I have been told many times by Sue that the mom is coming to get the 12 year old from day care. She has never showed up due to being too drunk, high etc. I have had this little girl curl up in my arms and break her heart because she loves and misses her mom.

Then about 3 months ago, the mom came and got her from Sue's house for the weekend. But ended up keeping her and it's been a back and forth fight ever since. The mom seems to have cleaned up her act a LITTLE.

The girl was back at my day care this past Monday. She is a wreck. Her mother and father (#3) have told her to CHOOSE which parent she wants to live with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is so mixed up and unhappy. I do not think much of Sue as a mother (their home is a pig sty, no set bedtime, kids watch R rated movies etc)...but I agree with her that a 12 year old should never be put in the position of having to choose between her parents. She's been told to shut up and mind her own business by both of the child's parents!

Any ideas on what I can do to help? The poor child cries daily. She ate breakfast and then threw up this morning. I am not sending her home, because I know it's just nerves. She comes and hugs me all the time and then walks off again. She is so confused and unhappy. She doesn't know where she belongs. I do not even know if she will be here on Monday and nor does she.

I feel so helpless. The courts and social services are already involved as her mom is supposed to have custody, but her lifestyle has not allowed that for the past few years.

Are they really going to make the CHILD decide where she goes? I do not think that should ever be put on a child. At 12...she is very capable of expressing her needs and desires to a judge....but to actually have to make the decision herself?????!!!!!!

And as you can see from the above info...neither household is desirable for a 12 year old girl. Poor kid. I'd take her myself if I could.
Tags:12 year old, bad parent, destructive, parents - irresponsible
Up