Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fed Up And Just Sent Out Letter To Both Parents
WImom 12:04 PM 04-23-2012
I chose to email instead of face to face to them due to them being seperated and I don't see them both everyday..

DCB has asthma and a nut allergy and they are forgetting to bring his inhaler (stays in his bag) about once a week and I've asked three times for a new epi pen (stays here). (It's expired). I emailed them both that he wouldn't be allowed to return after today until I had both. I also told them that if they don't have the bag (due to leaving it at the other's house) that they would need to get that before he came.

He's never had an asthma attack at my home or even close to one but you never know and it really bothers me that mom doesn't even tell me the inhaler isn't in there, I just know to look if he brings a different bag. I am a nut free daycare but again you just never know.

I also changed my payment procedure about 6 weeks ago and everyone got a notice and signed it back but this family just can't get on board to bring payment at drop off and not pick up. They are the family that is the reason I did this in the first place (sick of waiting after I'm close for dad to get the payment he left on the counter). I basically told them at drop off or it's late for now on.

Should be interesting at pick up today.
Blackcat31 12:26 PM 04-23-2012
Sometimes enough is simply enough. You can't make anyone change but you can stop providing services if they don't change.

Good for you for having a backbone!
Christian Mother 01:49 PM 04-23-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Sometimes enough is simply enough. You can't make anyone change but you can stop providing services if they don't change.

Good for you for having a backbone!
Second That!!
WImom 02:43 PM 04-23-2012
So dad came and brought me an extra inhaler and took the epi to get refilled. As he's going out the door he tells me that it might be a few days to get it back with his schedule and all...I didn't say anything since the kids had run out the door without him (another thing I forgot to include in the email) but I did just email him now to tell him about the running out the door and that he would need it tomorrow and since the kids won't be here until 9am he has plenty of time to get it.

This family is really on my last nerve since this hasn't been the first time and it will soon be the last.
Tags:allergies, backbone, nebulizer, parents - don't cooperate, peanut butter allergy
Reply Up