Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Payment Reminders
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:47 AM 01-03-2012
Im so sick of having to ask for my money. Its the 3rd of January and 2 DCF still owe me money.

One of my DCM dropped her dd off, she usually leaves the check in the bag.
Well not today

What can I say in a text message to tell her that I need to be paid today before she picks up her dd, not thursday?

Without making me sound desperate, even though I am. I need a new fridge asap, mine crapped out on us and my hubby is going to get a new one off of kijiji.
Blackcat31 08:49 AM 01-03-2012
I would text her that you are sending a friendly reminder about her daycare payment as it is late and the late fees are adding up quick so you figured you'd let her know as a coutesy. After all, we wouldn't want those late fees to be bigger than what she owes you...
texascare 08:55 AM 01-03-2012
I put up a sign every Friday to remind the parents. It simply states "Pay Day."
Cat Herder 09:08 AM 01-03-2012
I'd most likely send a text asking "Sorry to bother you. I can't find my check in the bag. Did it fall out in your car"

Depending on what she texts back ("yes, it did. I'll get it to you tonight, sorry." gives her a chance to save face, possibly, if she just forgot ) I would make sure to state "DCK cannot come back without payment".

No pay no stay.
Ariana 09:25 AM 01-03-2012
I would tally up the late fees and include it in a "now due" txt. Remind her that each day late is an extra x amount due.
Crazy8 10:53 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I'd most likely send a text asking "Sorry to bother you. I can't find my check in the bag. Did it fall out in your car"

Depending on what she texts back ("yes, it did. I'll get it to you tonight, sorry." gives her a chance to save face, possibly, if she just forgot ) I would make sure to state "DCK cannot come back without payment".

No pay no stay.
this is what I would do too. might even throw in a "since its already late" mention in there too.

Are you paid the first of the month? If so I'd post a reminder that if/when the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday that payment is required on the last scheduled day of care. I hate to say it but in a case like New Years when my kids were in preschool I'd often forget about making payment before the break and would just pay it on the 2nd or 3rd when we went back - but that meant thinking about it back on the 21st, 22nd, etc. and I just wasn't thinking that far ahead! Now, if this parent was just in on Friday then there is really no excuse!!
Heidi 06:01 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:

No pay no stay.
I have one mom who forget occasionally. Since she works "in town" where my bank is, I texted her after she forgot once "could you possibly drop off the check at my bank when you're at lunch?" she said of course, since she forgot. The next time she forgot, she volunteered to do it. It's now happened 3x in 8 months. Saves me a 14 mile round trip, so yay!

She doesn't even need my bank account number, nor do I care about a receipt. I can look online anytime to make sure it got deposited ok.
bice99 08:52 PM 01-03-2012
I required my parents to leave me a postdated check for January tuition, dated 1/1/12. They all did and I was able to get to the bank today. I don't have kids until Thursday and have been off since Dec 16th
DaisyMamma 07:08 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by texascare:
I put up a sign every Friday to remind the parents. It simply states "Pay Day."
Interesting. Good idea, as I have this problem too. My payday is Monday and I'm waiting on payment from one family still!
littlemissmuffet 10:47 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
Im so sick of having to ask for my money. Its the 3rd of January and 2 DCF still owe me money.

Well not today

What can I say in a text message to tell her that I need to be paid today before she picks up her dd, not thursday?

Without making me sound desperate, even though I am. I need a new fridge asap, mine crapped out on us and my hubby is going to get a new one off of kijiji.
I charge $10/day fee for late payments. With me, she'd be on $30 by pick up, due immediately, in cash. If there was no payment by tomorrow morning, she'd recieve a term letter and sent on her merry way and her bill would be sent to collections immediately!
PitterPatter 05:30 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:

Well not today

Just a simple "hey don't forget your payment of $$$ is due I just wanted to remind you so the fees don't start adding up. Have a good night"
Tags:payment issues
Reply Up