Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do I Get More Patience?
kitkat 06:07 AM 01-26-2011
My patience is totally gone. I know it's pretty much all related to pregnancy. I'm not sleeping, I'm uncomfortable, I'm always out of breath, and the list goes on... I'm finding myself easily irritated, getting snappy at everyone, I have no patience (do it now b/c I told you to and don't ask why!), etc. I just want to close the door and hide in my room! Someone please tell me, what's the magic formula to gain more patience????
Lilbutterflie 06:14 AM 01-26-2011
I take deep breaths & I pray for patience. Constantly. I realize not everyone is religious, but it works for me!
Luna 06:22 AM 01-26-2011
Would a day off help? Just one day, all day. Stay in bed, read a book, watch a movie, eat chocolates all day...recharge your batteries?
missnikki 06:37 AM 01-26-2011
That's when I make myself ditch the plans and get down and play with them. I won't get up until I make them laugh, which usually makes me laugh. That's me- I get toooo stressed out trying to make things go my way- sometimes it just needs to be their way for a little while until I get my sense of humor back.
Zoe 06:37 AM 01-26-2011
I agree. Take some time for yourself. If I don't get a little time away (even if it's just locking myself in my room for an hour while the hubby watches our kids), then I get so cranky and start to resent everything around me. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder!
Little People 06:45 AM 01-26-2011
Hope this one will make you laugh:

To Wanda!! Get older!!
MommyMuffin 06:57 AM 01-26-2011
I feel that way sometimes too and the beginning of my pregnancy was really bad.

I have found that if I make time for myself after dcks are gone...do my nails, watch my shows, read my magazines I feel much better. If somedays are particularly hard I will have more free play than structured play so that I can relax a little bit.

Somedays it is really hard to have the patience, remember its not "you," everyone feels that way sometimes. Sometimes I say, "I give it to you Lord" and take a deep breath.
Tags:overwhelmed, patience
Reply Up