Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kids Sleeping/Napping Arrangement
Candyland 10:57 PM 12-31-2010
For those of you who have a home-based daycare, how are your napping arrangements? Do the kids each have a cot? Do you separate boys from the girls? Do you have the parents take home blankets/pillows at the end of the week to wash?
I work in a school and kids have a mat, but we do not separate the boys & girls; we do send the blankets & pillows home each Friday with hopes that they get a washing, but most of the time, they don't.
kidkair 05:22 AM 01-01-2011
I have mats. I don't seperate the boys from the girls. I supply the blankets, sheets, and pillows and wash them all myself.
Preschool/daycare teacher 09:57 AM 01-01-2011
We have the children all sleep on cots (they're not that much more expensive than mats. But we got our's from another place that shut down and were selling them, so we got a pretty good price for them. $15 each, I believe, maybe less). We do not seperat the boys and girls. Infact, sometimes we alternate them, so that two boys aren't next to each other because they like play around and horse play instead of laying quietly.
The parents bring their balnkets and pillows on their first day of attendance and bring them home to wash on Fridays. I think it's good for them to have something familiar from home to sleep with. They seem to settle down faster, too.
AmandasFCC 07:43 PM 01-01-2011
I have cots, all my kids (except when first transitioning babies) sleep in the same room. I supply blankets, sheets and pillows, each child has one that they use exclusively, and I wash them all at the end of the week myself.
AnythingsPossible 03:31 PM 01-02-2011
All my children sleep in the living room. I make them all little nap mats and blankets when they start and ask their parents to provide a small travel size pillow. I wash them weekly.
Abigail 09:29 PM 01-02-2011
I plan to purchase cots for my future daycare, but have not decided on a website to order from yet. I know there are many options. I just like the idea of cots over mats, but either will work. I also want parents to provide a blanket and pillow. It will just help overall with my start up expenses if they provide it, but if it drives me nuts I might provide those myself too! Has anyone had parents leave the pillow and only bring the pillow case and blanket home on the weekend to wash? For those who wash everything in their own home, does it make it worth it to do it yourself? I know it would make a difference on time if you can count the time you run your washer/dryer.

BTW, the main reason I don't like mats is because our current daycare kids who use a mat instead of a cot play with it and flip it on top of them to use as a blanket or pillow or toy and I also hate the crinkle noise it makes in general. ha ha
Cat Herder 07:14 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by kidkair:
I have mats. I don't seperate the boys from the girls. I supply the blankets, sheets, and pillows and wash them all myself.
I do it the same and wash linens everyday...
Tags:naptime routine, sleep arrangement
Reply Up