Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What to Charge for a School Ager?
has_my_heart 12:10 PM 06-24-2014
I have two brothers that are in school a 1st grader and 4th grader that come before and after school everyday. For these two boys I just figured out how many hours they'd be here and whether it fell in my part-day or full-day hours and have charged that. They are basically at my house for a 4 1/2 hours so I charge them the half-day tuition. Is that what you would do? Now I have a four year old that will be here four days a week, his brother is in first grade and won't come at all...unless he has a day off of school and his mom has to work. What would you charge in this scenario? Would you charge more than a standard day fee? Hourly rate like a drop-off? Percentage wise (because I know every area is very different) how much more (or less) would you charge? TIA!!! Happy Tuesday to you all!
Leigh 01:19 PM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by has_my_heart:
I have two brothers that are in school a 1st grader and 4th grader that come before and after school everyday. For these two boys I just figured out how many hours they'd be here and whether it fell in my part-day or full-day hours and have charged that. They are basically at my house for a 4 1/2 hours so I charge them the half-day tuition. Is that what you would do? Now I have a four year old that will be here four days a week, his brother is in first grade and won't come at all...unless he has a day off of school and his mom has to work. What would you charge in this scenario? Would you charge more than a standard day fee? Hourly rate like a drop-off? Percentage wise (because I know every area is very different) how much more (or less) would you charge? TIA!!! Happy Tuesday to you all!
I charge my full-time rate for any child that attends more than 20 hours per week. In this instance, I would give the parent the option of full-time rate or my much higher drop-in rate, with no guarantee of space available for the drop-in option.
Blackcat31 01:39 PM 06-24-2014
I dont offer half days normally but do offer them to currently enrolled families.

I charge daily or weekly depending and ANY care that happens over lunch or nap time means I charge for the entire day as that is the hardest part of my day.

If they want only half days, it has to happen before lunch or after rest time.
Michael 06:19 PM 06-24-2014
Another interesting thread on rates for school-agers: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46131
Tags:rates - schoolage, school-age
Reply Up