Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tgint!! - Thank God It's Nap Time
marniewon 10:51 AM 12-02-2010
Thank God It's Nap Time

My Monday screamer/getter-into-everything dcb has pretended it's Monday ALL WEEK!! He has not "adjusted" to daycare at all yet! He continues to scream/cry/wail, etc, every time you put him down (if he wants up), pick him up (if he wants down), move him from something, tell him no, if the wind blows out of the south, etc!! Driving me (and everyone else here!) insane!! I've made the decision to term him after the holidays if things don't get any better by then. Hate to do it, since he was my first, and I've had him the longest, but I have a new baby coming at the beginning of the year, and I will NOT have him keeping new baby up or me being short-tempered because of this dcb.

I have my 3 1/2yo dcb here today (just a drop in that comes anywhere from 1-4 days a week to not at all some weeks). He's not potty trained, is very smart, has great vocab, but has no social skills (or patience) for other kids. Today he started crying and stomping because the baby touched his SHOE!! He wasn't even wearing them at the time, but it must have set him off that baby TOUCHED it. For the last several months I have been very understanding and lenient with him, because his parents split up, and I knew that was tough on him. But I realized today that it's been 4 months since they split up and he was acting like this before they split, so I decided to take some ideas from people on this board and told him that since he was crying, he must be tired, and put him in the other room on a nap mat for a rest. He's had to go twice now, both times this morning.

I'm wondering what I'm doing to get such cranky-butt kids!! 2 out of 3 are whiners/criers. Thank God for my very fun, very well behaved 2yo dcb!!

Anyway, they are all resting now, the younger 2 sleeping, older one resting quietly. AND, he will get picked up anytime in the next half hour. It's not that I don't like this little one, when he is not freaking out about something, he's a fun little guy. It just seems that he's been not much fun more than he's been fun lately.

Thanks for letting ME whine
Michael 02:13 PM 12-02-2010
I was wondering what TGINT was. I own TGIF.com and was thinking about registering TGINT.com
Tags:crying, nap time, whining
Reply Up