Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Accreditation Visit
laundrymom 06:40 PM 09-19-2011
My visit for accreditation was today. Of course EVERYONE showed up. Lol and I had one in RARE form. Lol. It was a long stressful day. Now to wait. :-)
pappyny 09:41 PM 09-19-2011
I'm sure you did great! The observers understand that kids act different around new people.
It's funny that you posted this today. I have just started the self study portion within the past few weeks. I hope to have everything submitted next month to get them here early next year.
How was the visit itself? Does the observer really just sit and watch? Are they there just for the morning the leave at lunch time?
Sorry for all the questions! Having someone watch me is what makes me the most nervous about this whole process. I'm confident in my program, just not in myself (if that makes any sense).
Gigi 01:38 AM 09-20-2011
Must have been nerve wracking for you.. But pretty sure you did good.

How was it like?
laundrymom 03:23 AM 09-20-2011
Got here at 7. And I went over some things with her that needed more immediate attention, showing her documents, etc. Then she just sat and watched. When I diapered she followed, she was a shadow and only talked when she had a question or something. I forget she was here most of the time. She left at 1230 and was back at 130. She stayed until 430.
momofsix 04:41 AM 09-20-2011
Oh wow, that would make me so nervouss
I'm sure you did GREAT though, you seem to have an awesome program and a great way with people-kids and adults alike! How long do you have to wait-waiting can be so hard!
Cat Herder 04:54 AM 09-20-2011
Good luck!!!! I bet you did great, though....

I am nervous for mine, too.

Was it as bad as you expected?

Are you open at 7?
pappyny 05:42 AM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Got here at 7. And I went over some things with her that needed more immediate attention, showing her documents, etc. Then she just sat and watched. When I diapered she followed, she was a shadow and only talked when she had a question or something. I forget she was here most of the time. She left at 1230 and was back at 130. She stayed until 430.
?

When she came back at 1:30 was it just to go over everything with you?
mismatchedsocks 06:35 AM 09-20-2011
Good luck! I remember that day well here. She only stayed 8am-12 then came back at 130 to 3. Was painless, and we decided to take a walk outside that day with everyone so she could follow.
laundrymom 07:58 AM 09-20-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
Good luck! I remember that day well here. She only stayed 8am-12 then came back at 130 to 3. Was painless, and we decided to take a walk outside that day with everyone so she could follow.
She said a couple months. She said not to get discouraged. That it's a slow process. They leave to allow both of us to eat, then she gives me scripted questions and I answer and she writes down what I say. Of course while she was here, we had a downpour, power went out, lol it was crazy.

I'm confident that I do my best every day. If that's enough to become accredited, great. If not I guess I'm just not up to their standards. But my best is the best I can do right? And all anyone can ask of me.

I'm so happy I did all this. I think the kids are getting better care, I know I'm enjoying my days more and I think the families appreciate the extra effort I'm putting forth to give their kids a more enriching environment.
Tags:accreditation
Reply Up