Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anybody Done This?
cheerfuldom 07:49 PM 07-08-2013
have you repurposed an entertainment center into a play kitchen? I know there are a lot of tutorials online but if you have done this, please share a pic!
countrymom 04:19 AM 07-09-2013
not a kitchen center but dh made it into a cabinet with shelves and doors on it. I love it.
Meyou 04:25 AM 07-09-2013
Not yet but I have it on DH's list for the winter! I can't wait. He built me a mud kitchen last year that the kids adore.
MotherNature 05:26 AM 07-09-2013
I was going to, but I found a fantastic deal on a solid handmade wooden kitchen that just needed some cosmetic changes-paint & knobs, so I sprung for that instead.
laceylmm 04:35 PM 07-09-2013
I have a friend who did. By the time she purchased all the primer, paint and hardware she spent a ton of money and said it wasn't worth the hassle. I love te idea though if you won't have to spend a ton on supplies. Ps she may have gone a little overboard buying nice hardware though.
cheerfuldom 12:30 PM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by laceylmm:
I have a friend who did. By the time she purchased all the primer, paint and hardware she spent a ton of money and said it wasn't worth the hassle. I love te idea though if you won't have to spend a ton on supplies. Ps she may have gone a little overboard buying nice hardware though.
oh well we do already have access to paint and hardware. My husband has made a lot of toys and furniture plus our swingset and sandbox in the backyard so diy projects are nothing new for us. I already have fabrics and things because i sew.

It sounds like she just went overboard and did not shop frugally (if thats a word). I will have to post pics when we are done!
Reply Up