Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Preschool Classroom Names
kendallina 11:15 AM 03-11-2011
I'm thinking about next fall and a couple of changes that I will be making to my preschool program. One thing that I want to do is come up with creative names for each of the groups. Right now I call them the "Monday/Wednesday Group" and the "Tuesday/Thursday Group"...haha, so creative. So, I'd like to find names that really suits the groups. Next year, I'll have a MWF group of older kids (3.5-5 year olds) and a TTH group of younger kids (2.5-4 year olds). Any thoughts?

I'm thinking about maybe Explorers (young) and Investigators (older) or... something like that?? Or Young Explorers and Young Investigators??

What do you think? Any creative/fun suggestions??
Little People 11:41 AM 03-11-2011
Kinder Kollege
Kidspace
BumbleBee Forest
Little Steps

That's all I can think of for now
melskids 12:58 PM 03-11-2011
does your program itself have a name? you could play off of that.

does your room/space have a theme to the decor?
youretooloud 01:06 PM 03-11-2011
We had "Mini Mights" and "Mighty mights"

"Fun bunch".... (this was in the 80s, and all the kids thought they were called "Hugga bunch".. so we just went with it and unofficially changed it to Huggabunch")
kendallina 01:22 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
does your program itself have a name? you could play off of that.

does your room/space have a theme to the decor?
My preschool's name is "(my town's name) Family Preschool". Again, very creative .

I've recently started to make changes in my room that I am going to keep and it's much more nature focused...lots of nature items. Like, I included some items to make Nature playscapes (from Irresistible Ideas blog: http://www.playbasedlearning.com.au/...deas-workshop/ ). So, maybe something in regards to nature....hmmm
DBug 01:29 PM 03-11-2011
I've used "Adventurers" and "Climbers" for younger kids (in my case ages 2 to 6) and "Explorers" for the older ones (ages 7 to 10) with an outdoor theme ...
daycare 03:43 PM 03-11-2011
Guppies little ones. Minnows older
Tags:names, preschool
Reply Up