Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Am In SOOO Much Trouble Now
Josiegirl 11:06 AM 10-04-2013
I joined Pinterest.

I rebelled as long as I could, stood my ground, said No I won't join cause I don't know anything about it, refused everybody's invites so long ago.

The coffee made me do it this morning.
And now I'm sunk. I have no choice but to quit my job.
VTMom 11:10 AM 10-04-2013
Ha! I love Pinterest! But like you, I also resisted for a little while. It's a major time-suck, but I have TONS of plans for the house, garden, crafts, recipes...now if I could just get off Pinterest and execute some of these plans!
butterfly 11:18 AM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I joined Pinterest.

I rebelled as long as I could, stood my ground, said No I won't join cause I don't know anything about it, refused everybody's invites so long ago.

The coffee made me do it this morning.
And now I'm sunk. I have no choice but to quit my job.
It is pretty great. The newness does tend to wear off and my time on there has gone down, but the first few months I didn't get much else done.
MotherNature 11:48 AM 10-04-2013
Pinterest is fantastic!
originalkat 11:50 AM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by butterfly:
It is pretty great. The newness does tend to wear off and my time on there has gone down, but the first few months I didn't get much else done.
Yes, this is how it was for me as well. I do like to go look at my boards sometimes and add to them occasionally.
Meeko 04:51 PM 10-04-2013
Same here. Totally addicted.
Meeko 04:53 PM 10-04-2013
Same here. Totally addicted. In fact my daughter and I are off the the Pinners Conference and Expo here in Utah on the 26th of this month
rhondawarren 05:08 PM 10-04-2013
Join the crowd!!!! I LOVE it! I'm super addicted. I have several boards because we are building a house and building my daycare onto the house so I am getting tons of awesome ideas!
LaLa1923 05:48 PM 10-04-2013
I still haven't joined!!
Brooksie 05:56 PM 10-04-2013
I never resisted and I'm glad I didn't! Think of all the time I could have been wasting!!!!! I love pinterest. LOVE it. Love. love.
LaLa1923 06:04 PM 10-04-2013
what exactly do you do with it?
preschoolteacher 06:12 PM 10-04-2013
I think of it as similar to reading a magazine for ideas....ideas how to decorate your house, recipes, lesson/activity ideas, fashion/wardrobe ideas, basically any topic you want to know more about, it's been pinned! You scroll though photos like looking at all the images in a magazine. If you are interested in some photo, you click on it and its a link to wherever web page it came from...so the photo of the casserole takes you to the recipe on a cooking blog.

It's fantastic for planning activities for daycare kids!

In some ways, it's even better than google. When we painted our kitchen cabinets, google gave me some basic info, but on Pinterest I found several DIY bloggers with before and after pics and tutorials!
Brooksie 06:16 PM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Seriously though. You basically collect, in an organized fashion, many ideas and inspirations. I have so many different boards (file folders) of things for daycare and a ton of personal stuff. Recipes, crafty things, wedding things, funny things, EVERTHING! Its amazing. Its also a great way to wind down and get out of those daycare slumps we all get in.
Maria2013 07:30 PM 10-04-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
that's my question I recently joined but I haven't had the time to check it out
Josiegirl 02:58 AM 10-05-2013
I joined mainly to gather more ideas for transforming my backyard into a natural type play space for daycare. And the ideas are endless! I guess it took me awhile to make the leap because I didn't know how and figured I wouldn't know what I was doing. But they make it so simple. It's like they're feeding into another of my soon-to-become addictions.
I love it!
Tags:pinterest
Reply Up